Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: New here, plus I need some help...

  1. #11
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    That means, if I reboot my computer, BT wont be there anymore ? Or do you mean BT's OS?
    If you didnt install it, and you remove the CD/DVD/USB that BackTrack is booting off from the computer, then yes, BT won't be there anymore when you reboot. If you leave the CD/DVD/USB in the machine, then BT can reboot from that device, but any changes made during the last boot will be lost (assumng you are not using persistent USB mode).

    You can use this non persistent property of BT to ensure that you are always starting from a known good state.

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    Either you're mean, or most of the people here are extra sensitive. Lol.
    You're saying Im mean and not super nice? *sob* Now my feelings are hurt! *sob* Maybe its you who is mean!

    Yes, well maybe I was exaggerating a little when I referred to myself as super nice. I aim for "tough but fair", but sometimes I probably miss.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  2. #12
    Just burned his ISO nurse-with-a-noose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln
    ...
    Wow, those are sweet, thanks man.

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin
    ...
    Ah, so if you screw up big time, all you have to do is reboot, and all your problems fade away. Sweet. Lol. Kinda like noticing the program you just downloaded was carrying a wicked trojan, and is eating your files away, one MB at a time, all you have to do is pop in your System Restore CD, and vwalah. Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin
    Maybe its you who is mean!
    Lol, maybe it is. It blows to be nice when no one appreciates it, that's why it pays to say screw kindness sometime. Lol. But it sure helps when you're using someone; could get things out of people more conveniently that way.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    Ah, so if you screw up big time, all you have to do is reboot, and all your problems fade away. Sweet. Lol. Kinda like noticing the program you just downloaded was carrying a wicked trojan, and is eating your files away, one MB at a time, all you have to do is pop in your System Restore CD, and vwalah. Lol.
    Yes, you could look at it that way, however there is a "but". You can't really break BackTrack, but it is possible to kill your systems installed OS if you don't know what you are doing, or if you only "sort of" know what you are doing. A number of new members have run that install.sh script on the desktop and then wondered why Vista doesn't boot any more afterwards...

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    Lol, maybe it is. It blows to be nice when no one appreciates it, that's why it pays to say screw kindness sometime. Lol. But it sure helps when you're using someone; could get things out of people more conveniently that way.
    I sense the darkside in this one....
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  4. #14
    Just burned his ISO nurse-with-a-noose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin
    ...
    I am so happy I didn't bother with burning BT yet. *faints* Lol. Would the system restore CD repair Windows, if that were to happen? *knocks on wood*

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin
    I sense the darkside in this one
    Pfft, if that's what you call it these days.

  5. #15
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    I am so happy I didn't bother with burning BT yet. *faints* Lol. Would the system restore CD repair Windows, if that were to happen? *knocks on wood*
    Well it may not get your data back, but it could get Windows running again. As long as you do backups and know how to restore from them you should be fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    Pfft, if that's what you call it these days.
    Thats nerd nomenclature for it, yes. Learn these terms, you will increase your Geek Cred...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  6. #16
    Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Thats nerd nomenclature for it, yes. Learn these terms, you will increase your Geek Cred...
    And if you want to check said Geek Cred then take this test and or learn your own geek code
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

  7. #17
    Just burned his ISO nurse-with-a-noose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I took that test, and I ranked: 5.522685% - Poser.
    I'm actually proud I wasn't on any higher rank. Lol. But they're missing quite a few true geek questions, like, if you ever cybered or not, have more then 1000 posts on a geek forum, stuff like that. I wanna make my own *crosses arms*

    @lupin: Yeah I know, system restore CD's delete everything, and just basically leave what you started with. That's why it pays back up all your programs on a CD, or floppy, or something. Dose anyone even use floppies anymore?

  8. #18
    Senior Member Thorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Green Dome
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurse-with-a-noose View Post
    ... But they're missing quite a few true geek questions, like, if you ever cybered or not, have more then 1000 posts on a geek forum, stuff like that. ...
    I took it and scored 43% and change, but I have to ask: What the hell is "ever cybered or not"? I've seen "cyber" used (incorrectly) as a prefix to nouns, but I've never seen it used as a verb.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

  9. #19
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I have to ask: What the hell is "ever cybered or not"? I've seen "cyber" used (incorrectly) as a prefix to nouns, but I've never seen it used as a verb.
    It can be hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on a web forum, so apologies if I'm telling you something you already knew Thorn.

    I'm assuming "cyber" is a reference to, umm, intimate relations as experienced in the cyber realm.

    I see the potential for this discussion to head into the gutter, so lets keep it "family friendly" people...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  10. #20
    Just burned his ISO nurse-with-a-noose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    @lupin: Thanks for the correction. Lmao.
    @Thorn: What lupin said.

    And it's arch angels fault. Lol. Kidding Where are intro threads supposed to lead anyway? Lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •