Thread: [Video] Cracking WiFi - Sniffing Traffic (airdecap-ng & wireshark)

Hybrid View

Lightbulb [Video] Cracking WiFi - Sniffing Traffic (airdecap-ng & wireshark)

Links
    Watch video on-line: http://g0tmi1k.blip.tv/file/3373448
    Download video: http://www.mediafire.com/?t6c22rhb7b93n4c
    What is this?
    This video shows, that you don't have to be connect to a wireless network, to see what data has been sent over it!

What do I need?

> Aircrack-ng
    > Wireless Network Key
    > Wireshark
    > Pre Captured data

Software
    Name: Aircrack-ng
    Version: 1.0-rc3
    Home Page: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    Download Link: http://download.aircrack-ng.org/airc...1.0-rc3.tar.gzName: Wireshark
    Version: 1.2.6
    Home Page: http://www.wireshark.org
    Download Link: http://media-2.cacetech.com/wireshar...-1.2.6.tar.bz2

Commands:
    Code:
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng mon0
    airodump-ng mon0 -c 8 -w output --bssid 00:19:5B:E7:52:70

airdecap-ng -e g0tmi1k -w 59EF19C76A output-01.cap

wireshark
    http.authbasic
    Notes:
    Song: D Kay - Barcelona
    Video length: 01:46
    Capture length: 03:45

Blog Post: http://g0tmi1k.blogspot.com/2010/03/video-cracking-wifi-sniffing-traffic.html
    Forum post: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum....html#post8092
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 03-05-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Default Re: [Video] Cracking WiFi - Sniffing Traffic (airdecap-ng & wireshark)

Quick and simple...I like it!
    If you get tired of listening to your music... cat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Macbook 2.4Ghz Dual Core, 4GB Ram, Edimax EW-7318USG, BT4

Hello i been working with backtrack for about two months now and im starting to get the hang of it till this video came along
    As you can see im unable to decrypted WEP packets for some reason..I log into two different sites. A forum for my gaming called Entropia Universe and my Router ip address and still nothing. I folled your instructions but didnt work. The question i have is what
    are these numbers for 59EF19C76A ? I understand -w and all the rest of the commands but not sure what this (59EF19C76A ) is for. Is that for your set of numbers or do i need to get mine? Or is that the mac address from your wifi usb card? Other then that great video I been watching you for awhile now. You do go a bit fast and wished that there was some instructions as you do the videos.

PHP Code:
    Total number of packets read          8350
    Total number of WEP data packets      4332
    Total number of WPA data packets         0
    Number of plaintext data packets         0
    Number of decrypted WEP  packets         0
    Number of corrupted WEP  packets         0
    Number of decrypted WPA  packets         0 
    Sony LapTop Windows 7 - Backtrack ISO with Sun VirtualBox - ALFA AWUS036H USB 500MW

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    Hello i been working with backtrack for about two months now and im starting to get the hang of it till this video came along
    As you can see im unable to decrypted WEP packets for some reason..I log into two different sites. A forum for my gaming called Entropia Universe and my Router ip address and still nothing. I folled your instructions but didnt work. The question i have is what
    are these numbers for 59EF19C76A ? I understand -w and all the rest of the commands but not sure what this (59EF19C76A ) is for. Is that for your set of numbers or do i need to get mine? Or is that the mac address from your wifi usb card? Other then that great video I been watching you for awhile now. You do go a bit fast and wished that there was some instructions as you do the videos.

PHP Code:
    Total number of packets read          8350
    Total number of WEP data packets      4332
    Total number of WPA data packets         0
    Number of plaintext data packets         0
    Number of decrypted WEP  packets         0
    Number of corrupted WEP  packets         0
    Number of decrypted WPA  packets         0 
    -w means wep key and "59EF19C76A" is the wep key that was used on the network that he sniffed. If you really did understand what -w means then you should know that what follows it is the wep key.
    If you get tired of listening to your music... cat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Macbook 2.4Ghz Dual Core, 4GB Ram, Edimax EW-7318USG, BT4

Quote Originally Posted by nightlybuild View Post
    -w means wep key and "59EF19C76A" is the wep key that was used on the network that he sniffed. If you really did understand what -w means then you should know that what follows it is the wep key.

Yes i figured it out but on your comment that you said it follows wep key is wrong..You can use a lot of commands after -w so its not always true to assume its the wep key..but in this situation i see what your saying
    Sony LapTop Windows 7 - Backtrack ISO with Sun VirtualBox - ALFA AWUS036H USB 500MW

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Big_Mike it is nice to see you getting somewhere, however you should slow down, a bit and understand more about what you are trying to do.
    A command is given then a "flag" (there are other names, but they all mean the same) may be set after the command. Multiple instances of flags can also be given. In most cased their order is not really important other than the readability of said command. Iin your case from above
    Code:
     # airdecap-ng -e g0tmi1k -w 59EF19C76A output-01.cap
    The command "airdecap-ng followed by the first flag is -e target network essid, this is followed by -w target wep key in hex. As such anything that comes after this -w should be the above. Otherwise you might get an error.
    Generally most commands are built in such a way that they will not run if there is a syntax error.
    For more info on the above command look at airdecap-ng(1) - Linux man page

Also in case you didn't notice the commands gotmilk used are all in the first post. As well as in the pastebin link.
    You can take each one and google for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel.Amael View Post
    Big_Mike it is nice to see you getting somewhere, however you should slow down, a bit and understand more about what you are trying to do.
    A command is given then a "flag" (there are other names, but they all mean the same) may be set after the command. Multiple instances of flags can also be given. In most cased their order is not really important other than the readability of said command. Iin your case from above
    Code:
     # airdecap-ng -e g0tmi1k -w 59EF19C76A output-01.cap
    The command "airdecap-ng followed by the first flag is -e target network essid, this is followed by -w target wep key in hex. As such anything that comes after this -w should be the above. Otherwise you might get an error.
    Generally most commands are built in such a way that they will not run if there is a syntax error.
    For more info on the above command look at airdecap-ng(1) - Linux man page

Also in case you didn't notice the commands gotmilk used are all in the first post. As well as in the pastebin link.
    You can take each one and google for more info.
    Thanks for the heads up Archangel.Amael. I havent heard of airdecap-ng yet till this video. Ohh shoot now more studying to do..cant wait to study more on this..

Cool video, short and sweet to the point! Nice!