Thread: I'd Like to join a Couple of Machines together for WPA/PMK's

Question I'd Like to join a Couple of Machines together for WPA/PMK's

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a bit noobish, but from what I pick up it's easier said than done to cluster (not sure if that's the right term.....) / Mulicomputing, whatever...I hear it's quite hard to setup.

I haven't found much that has helped me join my 2 systems together but i'm wondering if we can do this on backtrack.

I read in one of the posts that as of Pyrit 2.5svn191 (just had to have that readme file
    the pyrit server option was available making it even easier for us to share the load.

So, does anyone know if the latest SVN does support sharing the load?

and if it does and you know how could you please show us how...

I think there would be alot of interest from noobs in this

cheers all

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Well you could do it the cheats way and split your dictionary in two (here's the math code):
    Code:
    LINES=`wc -l ~/Wordlists/wpa-full.lst | awk '{print $1}'`;
    ACTUAL=`expr $LINES / 2`
    echo $ACTUAL
    But somehow I don't think that's what you're after.

So, magic trick, download the latest SVN and run it. See if it works
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Question

[QUOTE=Gitsnik;161825]Well you could do it the cheats way and split your dictionary in two (here's the math code):
    Code:
    LINES=`wc -l ~/Wordlists/wpa-full.lst | awk '{print $1}'`;
    ACTUAL=`expr $LINES / 2`
    echo $ACTUAL
    But somehow I don't think that's what you're after.

So, magic trick, download the latest SVN and run it. See if it works
    no it's not, but I think that is still a pretty good trick. I will still use it Cheers

Sooooo
    anyone else shed light on this... I already got the latest SVN
    ran it but nothing
    Code:
    ./pyrit server
    I saw it posted somewhere else in my searches but... well nothing....

so if you are out there and can show us how to setup a "cluster" please show us

thanks

Developer

The server/client set up on Pyrit works pretty well, there are instructions on the blog. Pyrit

Talking Pyrit DB finally setup - Thanks heaps

Hey Purh@te,
    I don't care how noobish it sounds but great link, and I know I sound rude as was mentioned in one of the other posts but far out..... the instructions were scant to say the least..........not trying to sound ungrateful.

BUUUUUT%TTTTTT. You pointed me in the right direction, and then 12 hours or more later I just got my first connection for pyrit to connect........

(200 pages later) The only problem I have is I'm not entirely sure how I did it...

But it worked ( I pray my system stays stable ++linux system won't crash fingers crossed)

I hopefully will be able to write up how I finally got it running but I bet there was a heaps easy way to do that takes 5 seconds for pro's like you. (feel free to share )

But man it really felt good to finally make that connection...... ahhhhhhhh

umm, sorry to bother you good pepople at the forums, but I'm wondering what syntax i would use,

Code:
    pyrit -u postgres://pyrit:@127.0.0.1/pyrit -e test create_essid
    creates a new database, once created would one just simply enter

Code:
     pyrit -u postgress;//pyrit:@192.168.1.2 -e test batch
    I haven't actually cable connected my wife's / kids computer to recruit them yet but I will be and when I do I hope things to go smoothly. Sure the kids lose their educational games machine for a few days, but a family that learns hacking together stays together
    thanks man