Thread: WPA/WPA2 on BT3?

Hybrid View

Default WPA/WPA2 on BT3?

Hi,
    I am still using BT3 as I made a USB and it's very convenient for me...
    My question is, I always knew that you can't crack WPA/WPA2 passwords but I keep see on YouTube people that are doing that??
    Is it also possible to do it with BT3/Aircrack?

If the answer is yes, are they new orders to do everything, or do I still needs to do the good old way as cracking WEP, collect VIS and then crack it with a new order on aircrack?

I hope I don't mix many terms up, very new on this and most of the time just copying commands (that works).
    Thank you in advance!

Junior Member imported_freedom56's Avatar

WPA/WPA2 can only be cracked if the pass-phrase is in the dictionary you are using.
    "One of the main causes for the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs."

Quote Originally Posted by freedom56 View Post
    WPA/WPA2 can only be cracked if the pass-phrase is in the dictionary you are using.
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    So where do I get a pass-phrase, are there many like this out there?
    And where should I put it? I am using aircrack to crack the password?

Thank you!

Junior Member imported_freedom56's Avatar

The "pass-phrase" is the password for the WPA/WPA2 enabled wireless AP/Router. Use the search feature on this site to look up some dictionaries...there are a ton of them on this site alone. -=Xploitz=- even started a thread related to dictionaries i believe... also Google is your friend. This question has been brought up numerous times so just search for it...
    "One of the main causes for the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs."

Just burned his ISO

Default brute force...

john -incremental=all --stdout | aircrack-ng -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 -w - test.cap

If you want this will do a brute force, but its not really fast enough to be practical
    ---- ____........../''\.....__...____
    ----/___../\../.../__\...|_.../___
    ----___/ /..\/.../......\.|__..___/

Quote Originally Posted by snaes View Post
    john -incremental=all --stdout | aircrack-ng -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 -w - test.cap

If you want this will do a brute force, but its not really fast enough to be practical
    Hi,
    What does Brute force means? should I include the "jhon" part or is that your name...?