Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone teach me to be a penetration tester overnight.

Very good then, but tell me if im wrong :

Imagine im a noob (wow, what a flash back). . .
    I ran into this site, I can get live help, but I will need to use an IRC Client, wtf is that? o geez, ill just post a stupid question that haved been answered before more than 40 times..

Now imagine im the same noob and I see a live help button.

Hey this site haves live help, this could be faster and even easier with a click of a button.

get it ?
    :cool:
    Alienware M17x - Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300
    Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M GPUs
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by athacks View Post
    Very good then, but tell me if im wrong :

I ran into this site, I can get live help, but I will need to use an IRC Client, wtf is that? o geez, ill just post a stupid question that haved been answered before more than 40 times..

Now imagine im the same noob and I see a live help button.

Hey this site haves live help, this could be faster and even easier with a click of a button.

get it ?
    Sure, I see your point - but the kind of person who can't figure this out on their own without figuring it out for themselves is going to make a poor pentester.

Quick poll: how many people who signed up in the past 3 months did so for reasons other than the aircrack suite or metasploit?

There are noobs and there is new blood. I help the new blood where I see them (=TAPE= and Nick_the_Greek for example), but the noobs I can not countenance - nobody is meant to be here to help (you) hack (your) neighbour, work, office, or otherwise and yet I see 5 posts in the past couple of hours that are asking exactly that - the people are barely smart enough to get around not telling the mods they are doing things they shouldn't be.

I'm not trying to stamp on your idea of helping people in live chat, I'm more interested in seeing some kind of proven entrance examination before the help can be given. Oh, and anyone who has spent significant time on a large helldesk will be doing what I'm doing behind my console - laughing at your excitement.

I give it 1 month before you give up on the idea
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

I do understand your idea, and I agree with it as well, lets give it some time, btw you wana see wat a noob I am ?

I dont know what its metasploit, neather how to move a file from another trough the konsole, I started using for the first time in June, so does linux, I got adapted to the system of Linux in 3 days, I found how to resolve problems by my own, and I can easily find tons of post to the problems I have and how to resolve them, like my dell vostro 1510, keyboard and mouse dint worked, I needed something about .reset when booting, I found that, haved I made a post? no, I waited and searched, the only stupid post I admit i made today was abou KDM, and thats it, 15 minutes ago I removed all packages installed by backtrack, you think ill post on how to fix thatm ofcourse not, u think Im downloading more than 50 pakcages, hell no, im reinstalling bt4 pf, that kind of a noob I am, still I haved answered a few questions posted on this forum, and yet I still dont know, what is metasplot, what is fastrack (Ive used it, but dont understand what happens or if I susceed or no), I learned to get WEP and I cant get WAP since I dont have a dictionary, well, I can dl one, but cant find one for that kind of topic big enough, neather I have the requirements for it.

So thats how a noob should mostly act, but people want things the easy way, I myself just want knoledge, im 17 years old, my bd was on October 21st (this year) and yet enough I made more than what others could haved done, I work my own shop (parents allowed, with a visa) and look, am I complaining, hell no, I like life, and now I should get back to the topic, lol.

Yeah, ill give it a month or so.. . .
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

Developer

Got a better idea, Why dont we implement live help ?

I could volunteer, I could do the hardest part "the searching" and then provide them with the links, since relativly I have nothing else to do, if remote-exploit cant host it, I could do it, free of charge, I only ask a link, no adds no spam, no nothing, simply me and noobz that want to learn, this could eliminate many unwanted topics and posts. Dont we agree ?

Ill make a test site and sicuss this with OPs and Admins, I call on pueh@te, KmDave to hear that idea out.

Ill give reply when everything is up and running.
    You are "free" to do whatever you want however you are not free to use the Backtrack name, the Offensive-security name or any reference to us. Further more you can not try to pass your self of as some sort of remote-exploit help desk assistant.
    More importantly we dont even know you so why in the heck would we let you represent us in a help desk position. I appreciate the though however as Gitsnik pointed out most of the people here are amateurs and just want to have some fun. They crack a few neighbors wifi's , maybe run a few nmap scans and possibly even learn how to deface a few web sites but eventually they get bored and go away and thats they way we like it.
    There are less than 20 people on this forum besides mods and admins that I trust and I am that careful for a reason. I love Backtrack and I will go down fighting before I see it turned into the cesspool that some other *hacker* forums are.

Well:

Hugz4Nubz.*****.com should be up later on tonight, simple webchat for help with BackTrack Problems, I should probably edit the scripts and place text saying "Im not affiliated to BackTrack, Remote Exploit neather im a helpdesk from the official team"
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

prowl3r

It's not my intention to be rude and I do appreciate your efforts trying to help other members, however as far as I see it, you are a noob.

Your previous post was something like:

I cant see the " Start Menu " on Backtrack 4 Pre Final after installing KDM.

Some tip ?
    and your other posts are similar.

If I'm not wrong, you already tried to setup a parallel backtrack IRC channel months ago.

I would try to master linux first, then backtrack. Once achieved you'll be in a position to help the entire world if that's what you want.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Jesus

Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Jesus

You can call me Gitsnik. Saves blowing my cover
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Well:

Hugz4Nubz.*****.com should be up later on tonight, simple webchat for help with BackTrack Problems, I should probably edit the scripts and place text saying "Im not affiliated to BackTrack, Remote Exploit neather im a helpdesk from the official team"
    Well..that's one way to take constructive criticism the wrong way. The moral of the story was that there are already a 'plethora' (el guapo ) of resources out for people to educate themselves with.

LOL

#1. Never said someone was calling me a noob, just giving an example, chill out, u K-O man :P

#2. What do you mean by "constructive way of taking a critism wrong way", English aint my native language, so I might haved misunderstood
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast