Thread: ettercap problem help please

Just burned his ISO

Default ettercap problem help please

I used ettercap but i couldn't monitor my network.because backtrack couldn't see my network.what can i do?

Just burned his ISO

You need to provide us with more information as to what exactly you tried so we can better help you. Saying that you used ettercap but couldn't monitor your network doesn't tell us much of anything.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0|Day View Post
    You need to provide us with more information as to what exactly you tried so we can better help you. Saying that you used ettercap but couldn't monitor your network doesn't tell us much of anything.
    I wanted to use backtrack 3 in vista.so i worked it on WMware workstation.i opened shell and wrote : ettercap -T -q -p -M ARP // //.it didn't worked.i didn't get any passes after these text.

"Starting unified sniffing..."
    "Text only Interface activated..."
    "Hit "h" for inline help"

i believe backtrack didnt see the network.and i'm sure i've 2 many people in my network.

Just burned his ISO

How are you connected to your network?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by W@r~l0RD View Post
    How are you connected to your network?
    with cable.

Did you configure your network first?

If your response is going to be along the lines of "How do I configure my network?" then I suggest that you need to learn Linux basics (like how to configure a network) before trying anything else.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Did you configure your network first?

If your response is going to be along the lines of "How do I configure my network?" then I suggest that you need to learn Linux basics (like how to configure a network) before trying anything else.

I know my backtrack can connect internet but it couldn't see the network.i searched this topic but i couldn't find about bt3.can u explain it?

any help??

Don't bump your threads again please. If someone is going to respond to your question they will do so. If they haven't, maybe its because you haven't provided enough detail about your problem, like:
    • What are you trying to accomplish? Are you following a particular tutorial or do you have a particular goal in mind?
    • What steps have you performed immediately before the problem occurred?
    • What have you tried so far to fix the problem?
    • What research have you done to try and understand what is going on?
    • What have you done to confirm that this isn't an network configuration issue as opposed to an Ettercap issue? For example, can you capture packets from your wired interface with another tool like tcpdump or wireshark?

Show that you are putting some effort into solving your own problem and demonstrate that you are willing to be an active participant in the process and maybe you will get more useful assistance.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

How have you set up vmware to connect to the internet is it NAT or BRIDGED try nat also have you configured /etc/etter.conf for ip tables.
    As Lupin says be a little more specific if you know what you want then after a bit of homework this forum will give the answer or help you teach yourself even youtube has more help on Backtrack than you would think.