Thread: BT4 pre final hdd install Acer Aspire One 751h Error

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4 pre final hdd install Acer Aspire One 751h Error

Hello All, I hope someone here can help me. To start off everything thing works fine as a live boot from the usb stick. Upon installing to hard disk drive via the installer everything appeared to be fine but was not. I did not have any use of my mouse either the built in mouse pad nor a usb mouse. Not to mention all of my other usb attachments cellular modem, keyboards etc. So i i rebooted looking for any errors during boot and the only error is as follows and it is output multiple times during boot up.

Fatal: can not open /lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/modules.dep.tmp no such file or directory.

I have installed multiple times. I have also searched around on google but all i have found was people that have not had any problems installing on my computer. So if anyone knows a solution or alternative install method i would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Just burned his ISO

I have the same exact error, but apart from seeing that message during boot, i think everything is working fine in my BT4 prefinal.

Just burned his ISO

I have resolved this issue doing a manual install. However i ran into another problem trying to install the drivers for the Intel GMA500 graphics chip set. Specifically

update-initramfs is disabled since running on a live CD

Seeing as this is going to be a problem for more than just what i am trying to do i am sure there is a work around? However all the work around i have found via google for ubuntu concerning linking files has not worked for me so if anyone reads this post and knows the solution please let me know. Thank you.