hi im new here saw the newbie section thought ill post here. im been bareley dabbling into backtrack 3 for a few weeks and then my usb wifi broke, im looking into purchasing a new one and currently looking into purchasing a quite powerful on as i live in a rural area and hotspots a far few and in between... can some people give me some advice this is the one im currently looking into h*tp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=380164613552&Category= 40992&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2 its $133 dollars but it looks like its the best option out their... can i get some input please looking to make a purchase tonight. thanks you guys.

Edit: sorry i cant post urls till i have 15 or more post so i Put a * in the http:

EDIT: I Created Another Thread Sorry Bout That.

Allright im looking into purchasing a long range hi gain wifi, i live in a rural area, I would like it to be directional as i made a cantenna before with my old usb wifi card and i had better results aiming the signal, but it breoke, now im looking to buying a top notch one. i did a search on google and that how i ended up here and i searched here and all i find is outdated threads or ones talking about DIY with specs, im looking to just purchasing one..... this is the one im looking into, remeber i need max range as possible with highest quality.

h**p://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=380164613552&Category= 40992&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Replaced The HTTP With H**P

And the seller pitch

Quote:
This adapter has more than 7 times transmission range of regular USB adapter at Line of Sight . Inside is a very powerful embeded 19dBi 15° H-Beam 16° V-Beam Antenna, plus the USB card TX power 18dBm, total TX power is 37dBm, that's more than 5 Watts.

Plug and play, no hassle setup.

Antenna gain is the key for the transmission range. Theoretically every 6dBi gain increase will double the transmission range. Compared to other products in the market, this unit has the highest gain and more than 7 times longer range.

This unit is fully weather-proof, ideal for indoor and outdoor using. Outdoor use is very important to long range transmission of 2.4Ghz signal, we recommend you mount it outside to get clear line of sight(If use an active USB extension cord, be sure to seal the USB cable connector with silicone when you use it outdoor).

Ideal for the low cost CPE solution to wireless ISP.

IM open to any suggestion but this is the best one i can find or at least i think it is, ive been searching all day and yesterday... someone confirm this and recomend me another one... My budget is roughly 140 give or take a dollar or two...

And is 5 watts alot i see the best ones otehrs say are 500mw ? Or do i got my info wrong