Thread: Some advice to the noob?

Just burned his ISO

Default Some advice to the noob?

Hello all,

I'm new here. i have been struggling with figuring out some of the commands for things like aireplay-ng, airmon-ng, ect. i just wanted to share with other noobs. running (man aireplay-ng) in terminal and actually reading the description of the options really helped me understand and use this command. the (man) option works with many of these. i might suggest to try reading these man's before seeking help? just a thought. and thanks to everyone who answers posts. reading through what everyone else is struggling with helps alot. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I heard that there is some pretty good info about the Aircrack-ng suite on the Aircrack website.

h++p://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php#documentation

--

If you're willing to read the manuals, then you may like the apropos command which searches through all of the manual / whatis documentation and returns all the commands and items that have matching words.

apropos crack

returned, among other things:

wesside-ng (1) - crack a WEP key of an open network without user intervention.

I did not know that.

Just burned his ISO

Default Thank you! that is very cool!

[QUOTE=Sniffing4Prison;162354]
    apropos crack

returned, among other things:

wesside-ng (1) - crack a WEP key of an open network without user intervention.