Thread: how to upgrade Spoonwep2-rc2 to Spoonwep2-rc3

Junior Member imported_apprentice's Avatar

Default how to upgrade Spoonwep2-rc2 to Spoonwep2-rc3

i gotta say thanks for FRHACK thats where i seen this and a few other places

first download spoonwep-wpa-rc3.deb

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10...ep-wpa-rc3.deb

then download aircrack-ng-1.0-rc3

http://download.aircrack-ng.org/arch...1.0-rc3.tar.gz

once downloaded go into synaptics or dpkg -r aircrack-ng

untar aircrack-ng

make sqlite=true unstable=true
    make sqlite=true unstable=true install

just simply dpkg -i spoonwep-wpa-rc3.deb

and thats it , it will create some desktop shortcuts which are nice

i have tested this new one and it cracks wep faster

you can also configure it with whichever version your using
    latest aircrack-ng 1.0 rc4 and aircrack-ng 1.0 final if you are using, spoonwep need to change it slightly.

vi /usr/bin/spoonwep vi / usr / bin / spoonwep

(略) (Omitted)
    ln -sf bash /bin/sh ln-sf bash / bin / sh
    /etc/init.d/NetworkManager stop >/dev/null 2>&1 / etc / init.d / NetworkManager stop> / dev / null 2> & 1
    aircrack_edition=`aircrack-ng --help|grep "Aircrack-ng 1.0"|awk '{print $3}'` aircrack_edition = `aircrack-ng - help | grep" Aircrack-ng 1.0 "| awk '(print $ 3)'`
    # if [ "$aircrack_edition" = "rc3" ];then # If [ "$ aircrack_edition" = "rc3"]; then
    rc3 & rc3 &
    # fi # Fi
    (略) (Omitted)

Rc3 so if this statement only unbeaten, 16 and 18 lines like the above comment out of line (#) to.

Developer

If you use unsupported .deb packages for your system we can no longer help or support you. So anyone who tries this is welcome to do whatever they want however when your s**t breaks don't come back crying to us. I am almost about ready to start deleting any threads that have to do with frhack. This is what happens all the time in linux. Someone steals someone elses hard work because they think they can do better. but o.0 they didn't realize at all how much work this community really is, not only the creation of the distro but the forums, the web site, the irc channel and plus we all have real jobs. So then they drop of the face of the planet and we are stuck expected to support their big fat hacked up turd of a distro. Well F$#@ that.

Junior Member imported_apprentice's Avatar

first of all anyone that wants to try it give it ago
    it definately works and doesnt break anything
    I thought it was good that at least someone gave spoonwep a update

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice View Post
    first of all anyone that wants to try it give it ago
    it definately works and doesnt break anything
    I thought it was good that at least someone gave spoonwep a update
    Yeah except spoonwep is unsupported software and unmaintained. The creator has disappeared from the face of the earth. There is a new GUI wifi app called Gerix wifi cracker which was specially coded by one of the backtrack developers in order to replace spoonwep for all the people that cant crack wep with out a gui.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

OK here's what I did:

Code:
    cd
    mkdir spoon
    cd spoon
    wget http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/11/2138272/spoonwep-wpa-rc3.deb
    wget http://download.aircrack-ng.org/archive/aircrack-ng/1.0rc3/aircrack-ng-1.0-rc3.tar.gz
    tar xf aircrack-ng-1.0-rc3.tar.gz
    cd aircrack-ng-1.0-rc3
    make sqlite=true unstable=true
    sudo make sqlite=true unstable=true install
    cd ..
    sudo dpkg -i spoonwep-wpa-rc3.deb
    That installed Spoonwep. So next I did:

Code:
    gksudo spoonwep &
    This opened up Spoonwep.

I selected "wlan0", "normal" and "UNknown victim", then I clicked Next.

Then I clicked Launch.

...and nothing happened. I went back to the terminal I used to start Spoonwep, and I saw the following output:

Code:
    Error: /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.txt (No such file or directory)
    Error: /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.txt (No such file or directory)
    On a hunch, I opened up another terminal, and typed:

Code:
    sudo touch /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.txt
    Then I went back to the original terminal which I used to start Spoonwep; the error output was no longer being given (yahey!). But then I went back to the Spoonwep GUI and saw that it still hadn't found any access points.

So that's as far as I got. I can't get Spoonwep to populate the list of access points.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Developer

Thank you Virchanza! You just completely illustrated my point for me.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Playing around with it some more, I picked "Known Victim" this time.

I manually inputted the MAC address of the access point and I manually selected the channel number.

I chose P8041 attack, "Inj Rate = 600", and "crack at 5000 IV's".

I hit Launch.

Then I went to have a quick shower, (5 minutes or so), and sure enough when I came back to my PC, it had cracked the key.

Anyway it's 3am and I'm going to bed ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".