Thread: help with frhack insallation!

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default help with frhack insallation!

Hi everyone.. I am new to backtrack and have few limited knowledge for linux. I have downloaded FRHack (based on backtrack) and have read few forums about how to install it on hdd. Installation goes on fine with “Ubiquity” command and I can boot the computer till the login prompt after restart. I can’t login with any account. No matter what id or password I type, it comes up with same error: login incorrect. I have tried setting up complex password, putting a check mark to the option for automatic login.. still no luck. It prompts for the password and it doesn’t accepts anything.

Additional information if required:
    My computer has windows 7 on the 1st partition and I have created a new 10gb ext3 primary and 1GB swap partition for linux.
    I have tried using the manual portioning and guided partitioning during installation.
    Root/ toor doest work.
    Lilo is installed on windows partition.
    I can access the linux partition from windows, so, if some file need to be changed, it can be done easily.

Thanks in advance!!!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't frhack basically rip off BT4?
    If that is the case then no OP we are not going to help you with that.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I have no idea if frhack is good or bad.. reading this, it seems that it’s certainly not the best thing to use.. is there any reason for u to say this as I haven’t read any such thing anywhere else..

Quote Originally Posted by vikrant View Post
    I have no idea if frhack is good or bad.. reading this, it seems that it’s certainly not the best thing to use.. is there any reason for u to say this as I haven’t read any such thing anywhere else..
    We have no knowledge of any of the changes that have been made in any boot CD based on or modified from BackTrack so we don't support them. Use BackTrack downloaded from the official site and then we can help.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

I have it downloaded and it works fine.. I was just curious about the frhack thing as it wasn’t saving the new user credentials supplied during installation.

Developer

We can not answer any questions about frhack. We have no idea what it is. Its the same as if you download a stolen re-worked copy of windows from a warez/torrent site and something doesn't work. You wouldnt call Microsoft for tech support because you know its a stolen piece of software. frhack is the same thing, a stolen OS.