Thread: Compiling problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Compiling problems

I'm trying to compile some of the milw0rm exploits on bt4 and getting a lot of errors, I'm assuming I'm missing libraries, is this the case if so what libraries do I need to compile the .c files or is there something else I'm missing? Here is the output I'm getting:

3094.c:19:24: error: sys/agpio.h: No such file or directory
    3094.c: In function ‚usage‚:
    3094.c:50: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‚printf‚
    3094.c: At top level:
    3094.c:57: warning: ‚struct kinfo_proc‚ declared inside parameter list
    3094.c:57: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
    3094.c: In function ‚get_proc‚:
    3094.c:62: error: ‚KERN_PROC‚ undeclared (first use in this function)
    3094.c:62: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    3094.c:62: error: for each function it appears in.)
    3094.c:63: error: ‚KERN_PROC_PID‚ undeclared (first use in this function)
    3094.c:65: error: invalid application of ‚sizeof‚ to incomplete type ‚struct kinfo_proc‚
    3094.c:68: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‚printf‚
    3094.c: In function ‚main‚:
    3094.c:79: error: storage size of ‚kp‚ isn‚t known
    3094.c:81: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‚printf‚
    3094.c:118: warning: format ‚%x‚ expects type ‚unsigned int‚, but argument 2 has type ‚void *‚
    3094.c:120: error: ‚AGP_DEVICE‚ undeclared (first use in this function)

I'm relatively new to all this so don't be to harsh the command I'm running is gcc 3094.c -o 3094

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Furthermore it is your job to post in the correct section of the forums the freakin how to section and or bug's and fixes section is not for your questions on how to do basic linux compilation. Furthermore Do not create more than one post on the same topic!
    I would suggest a long look at google and the search function here. It at the top of every page.
    Also welcome to the forums.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

many of the C exploits on milw0rm are made to compile on Windows. Also many of the exploits on Milw0rm have a flaw in the coding which makes the exploit fail and needs to be fixed. This is what many exploit coders do to prevent misuse of public exploits. The theory is that is you are using exploits you should know enough code to fix it which in my opinion is a fantastic philosophy.