Thread: Problems with nvidia driver instalation

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with nvidia driver instalation

I have problem with installation of nvidia drivers on BT4 pre Final.
    This is message which I get on modprobe nvidia:
    FATAL: Error inserting nvidia (/lib/modules/2.6.29.4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko): No such device
    I would appreciate any help. If you need more details about anything, ask and I will answer (I've tried so many "solutions", that I don't know what details should I bring up).

Just burned his ISO

What adapter are you using, and have you tried using the packaged installer that nvidia offers through their site? Also, if you have made any success since your post, also be sure to run the command "nvidia-xconfig" to use the included utility to autoconfigure your xorg.conf file.

Just burned his ISO

I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by adapter? (type of graphic card? it is 8800 gts)
    I didn't make any progress since than. nvidia-xconfig doesn't help. I've tried to install packaged installer from nvidia site.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaZZoR6 View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by adapter? (type of graphic card? it is 8800 gts)
    I didn't make any progress since than. nvidia-xconfig doesn't help. I've tried to install packaged installer from nvidia site.
    Try searching synaptic or apt-get for envy and use it's graphical based nvidia-installer.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.