Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shmoocon 2010: Same moose as last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I should see if I can get a moose crossing sign from the local highway guys and bring it to the con.
    That would be awesome. Are you guys up for a forum meetup? I owe streaker69 drink from a thread on the DC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    That would be awesome. Are you guys up for a forum meetup? I owe streaker69 drink from a thread on the DC forums.
    There's a core group of us from the DC and NS forums that stake out our territory in a section of the lounge. Most of them are on the RE forums, too. Streaker, Barry, DaKahuna, xor, Beakmyn, theprez98, and me. There's also some people from TLAs that we can't name.

We can usually be found at the end of the lounge closest to the elevators. There are some tables with built-in power strips. We tend to occupy them and have so much RF sniffing gear set up there that we could get mistaken for an NSA listening post.

Anyways, you're welcome to join us. Just ask around for us; someone will know at least one of the group.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    There's a core group of us from the DC and NS forums that stake out our territory in a section of the lounge. Most of them are on the RE forums, too. Streaker, Barry, DaKahuna, xor, Beakmyn, theprez98, and me. There's also some people from TLAs that we can't name.

We can usually be found at the end of the lounge closest to the elevators. There are some tables with built-in power strips. We tend to occupy them and have so much RF sniffing gear set up there that we could get mistaken for an NSA listening post.

Anyways, you're welcome to join us. Just ask around for us; someone will know at least one of the group.
    Yeah, we're not hard to spot. Look for the amish guy with a computer.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I hope to meet some of you there, go Shmoocon.

I haven't decided if I'm going to travel light this con or not. Might leave the mac home and just use the netbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I haven't decided if I'm going to travel light this con or not. Might leave the mac home and just use the netbook.
    Speaking of that, how you getting there this year? You driving down, taking the train?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Speaking of that, how you getting there this year? You driving down, taking the train?
    Flying. No trains in my area, they all got converted into bike paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Flying. No trains in my area, they all got converted into bike paths.
    If you're flying into BWI on thursday you could meet up with Beak and then I could pick you up on the way down.

The first tasting of talks have been posted:

•Economics of Cyber Crime - Peter Guerra
    •Better Approaches to Physical Tamper Detection - Roger G. Johnston and Jon S. Warner
    •DIY Hard Drive Diagnostics: Understanding a Broken Drive - Scott Moulton
    •Build your own Predator UAV @ 99.95% Discount - Michael Weigand

Tickets go on sale tomorrow
    This is the sixth time we have created a thread about it... and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    The first tasting of talks have been posted:

•Economics of Cyber Crime - Peter Guerra
    •Better Approaches to Physical Tamper Detection - Roger G. Johnston and Jon S. Warner
    •DIY Hard Drive Diagnostics: Understanding a Broken Drive - Scott Moulton
    •Build your own Predator UAV @ 99.95% Discount - Michael Weigand

Tickets go on sale tomorrow
    I see four things I already want to attend. Hopefully they're not up against each other. I just wonder how one builds hellfire missiles for less than $99.95.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast