Thread: BT4-prefinal.iso install problems

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4-prefinal.iso install problems

Ok.
    I've downloaded the bt4prefinal.iso and installed it to a bootable 16gb thumbdrive with unetbootin, and all worked well. Once I reboot the thumbdrive takes over and it boots into an empty grey screen. When I press enter the grey screen prompts me for a password, then the boot menu where bt4 gives you options on what distro to boot into scrolls upwards quickly and nothing else happens, the only way to get out is to reboot.

Before i get flamed for being a noob, i have used this exact same process for running bt3 and it worked perfectly fine. no password pormpt or anything, it just goes straight to the boot menu (default, compis experimental, kde, vesa kde, etc...), but any time i try to use bt4, it prompts me for a password which i never set, nor can i find it with all of the searching on these forums i've been doing over the last three hours.

any help? i don't understand why bt4 would have a password before i can even run anything. also, i've tried toor, password, even the passwords i use on the ubuntu partition which makes up my HDD....i'm out of ideas.
    thank you all in advance!

Welcome to the forums. You posted this thread twice, don't do this again please, its forbidden in the rules you agreed to when joining.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Welcome to the forums. You posted this thread twice, don't do this again please, its forbidden in the rules you agreed to when joining.
    i apologize.
    the first time i posted, i didn't put it in the newbie's section, so i posted it here to comply with the rules.