Thread: Error 8: Kernel....

Default Error 8: Kernel....

I have burned bt4 pf to a dvd, when i booted to the disk it went to the grub terminal (grub>) stating error 8. i tried boot cmd and then returned error 1...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Well I will guess since you didn't bother to tell us that your md5sum is correct and that you burned it at the slowest speed setting possible.
    Then I will also guess that you looked up the grub error codes.

Ohh wait I don't want to speculate such things so why don't you tell us.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I googled BT4 error codes as well as googling "BT4 error 8" "BT4 errors" and have not found anything helpful specifically for error 8.

I have not check the md5sum and have not done this before. I am trying to find a program to check the sum. Can u suggest one for windows?

Quote Originally Posted by rayban View Post
    I googled BT4 error codes as well as googling "BT4 error 8" "BT4 errors" and have not found anything helpful specifically for error 8.

I have not check the md5sum and have not done this before. I am trying to find a program to check the sum. Can u suggest one for windows?
    Well in your first post you said it was a grub error now it is a "BT4 error" ?
    Might want to slow down with the haxoring and learn the basics first.
    There is no "BT4 error"
    As for suggestions for md5 summer programs for windows.
    type the above in google and see what it tells you.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

I do realize the difference and yes i am new to linux but i don't understand you general taunting towards my questions. I am not trying to be leet haxzor or pretending to be anything at all except for a networking student who is interested in learning tools and methods used in penetration testing. I am here to learn about this system, i know that i can easily run the tools in BT4 distro such as aircrack and things of that nature on any other linux and have ran them on dsl and ubuntu.

I have googled BT4 errors, BT4 grub errors, BT4 error 8, BT4 error 8 kernel. I have also googled md5sum windows and best md5sum windows programs. I know you guys don't like it when new people come around looking for a quickie. I have searched google and forums. As far as me asking for your recommendation for a win prgm it was aimed at quality and usability of a popular program.
    I hope this clears up my intent in these forums. We are all students and we all love computers, i am just getting used to linux systems.

I burned the ISO in Magic iso at the slowest rate and i will post the hash once i get it from whichever program.

I am running md5summer right now, and as i said this is my first time. It is generating a hash for each file and it looks like it may take some time. I will post results.

Look I typed grub errors into google hit number two:
    GNU GRUB Manual 0.97
    Again you said the error was from grub. There is no such thing as a BT4 error of any sort.
    As for md5 sums well again google: windows md5sum tool gives:
    Google
    Link two again this time it is wikipedia telling you about md5sums what they are and why they are. Probably gives links to more info as well. The purpose is not to harass you (much as you might think) but rather thousands of pages on the internet tell you about the above. I know because before your post even hit the boards for the other members to see, I looked. the only word that I added to your "key words" was tool since generically a software program is referred to as such.
    If you are going to be a student of anything the first thing to learn is research, that is one of the reasons for being vague.

As for a "whole bunch of files" or whatever you mentioned in regards to the md5sum it should only take a minute (at max) to check it, so if it has taken longer than that you are doing something wrong.
    As for posting in there is no need to since you can verify it from the remote-exploit.org website. Also there should be only one sum.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

I ran the MD5 on the downloaded .iso and it did not match.Before I had mistakenly checked the sum on the files within the .iso. So this means it did not download correctly right? So i am re dl'ing it, takes about 20 hours at my speed....