Thread: BackTrack 3 USB not booting all of a sudden

Just burned his ISO

Default BackTrack 3 USB not booting all of a sudden

ive already searched the forums with no avail.

i used my BT3 usb all the time, but i stopped using it for a couple months. i havent made any changes to my system except for OS switches, now that im trying to use it again, its giving me an error before it boots.

a couple errors i see before it restarts is:

qc timeout
    failed to recover some devices, retrying in 5 secs
    failed to set xfermode (err_mask=0x40)

it used to work perfectly fine, i even redownloaded the iso just in case i might have accidentally deleted a file from the usb root, but its still giving me the same error.

Good friend of the forums

* is it installed to the HDD then do fsck -y the partitons etc BT is on ..
    * just do a reinstall .. bt4-prefinal has install.sh on the desktop its easy
    * boot with USB ( I dont beleve in duel boot ... ) operat0r's backtrack Bookmarks on Delicious ( I was able to get it on a 4gig usb drive )
    * if dual boot you may want to google howto backup MBR etc.. if an WHEN you #@W$% yer shit up

Just burned his ISO

yes, im trying to boot it from usb as a live usb i guess you can call it, i downloaded the backtrack 3 usb extended iso (783 mb) and "boot installed" onto my 1 gig thumb drive.

so im not trying to do a dual boot and its not installed to the hard drive. there is an install.sh file from backtrack 3 on the usb drive so i guess i could try that.