Thread: What is the next step

Just burned his ISO

Default What is the next step

Hi Everyone,

I am running virtual image of BT4 on my Toshiba Tecra A8. So far I have been able to crack my own WEP, WPA and WPA2 passwords.

Now I was wondering what else can I do with this great tool. I have kind of heard that using BT4, I may be able to setup network monitor server which will emails me everytime there is attack on wireless router.

Is this even possible?

Where will I find more tutorial about other tools which are includes within this virtual machine?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by music5_5 View Post
    I have kind of heard that using BT4, I may be able to setup network monitor server which will emails me everytime there is attack on wireless router.

Is this even possible?
    Check out Kismet. In particular the IDS (Intrusion Detection System) features. The docco can be found using Google.

Quote Originally Posted by music5_5 View Post
    Where will I find more tutorial about other tools which are includes within this virtual machine?
    Theres a tool listing on the BackTrack wiki which you can use to find out whats available for you in BT, and there are obviously a bunch of HowTos and Videos on how to do various stuff right here on this forum. Its just a matter of what you are interested in really - you can try almost anything relating to pentesting and also to a variety of other IT Security related fields. You might want to have a look around the various tutorials on the forum and see what interests you. If you can be more specific about other things you are interested in, we may be able to point you to some specific resources.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Umm try looking up tutorials and videos on metasploit.

Here is an example of one of the things it can do.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.