Thread: new here and need help already :)

Just burned his ISO

Default new here and need help already :)

ok so ive been using ubuntu for a couple months and am quite familiar with the linux enviroment. Im booting bt3 from a flash drive and after i get to the desktopi cant connecto to the internet. It tells me that wlan0 isnt a real device. I dont have a wireless card for my laptop but it does have built in wireless like any laptop nowadays.So my quetion is can anyone tell me how to get wlan0 working or how to connect to the internet on bt3 thanx a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus X View Post
    ok so ive been using ubuntu for a couple months and am quite familiar with the linux enviroment. Im booting bt3 from a flash drive and after i get to the desktopi cant connecto to the internet. It tells me that wlan0 isnt a real device. I dont have a wireless card for my laptop but it does have built in wireless like any laptop nowadays.So my quetion is can anyone tell me how to get wlan0 working or how to connect to the internet on bt3 thanx a bunch.
    Have a search of the forums and the Internet, this question has been answered a number of times already.

You may want to play around with Ubuntu a bit further, and get used to configuring your network from the command line, as well as learn how device drivers work in Linux. Remember that BT is for advanced users so this knowledge is expected.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

If your used to ubuntu then just download Backtrack 4. Because the commands are similar and it's not wlan0 for Backtrack 3 it would prolly be ath0. To double chack that type in iwconfig and see what your wireless interfaces are.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.