Thread: Wusb600n

Just burned his ISO

Default Wusb600n

Hi all, i have one problem pls help me, i explain it very good (i think)

1.I have downloaded BackTrack4 Pre final from here --> w ww.remote-exploit.org/backtrack_download.html
    2.I download vmware workstation from here --> w ww.vmware.com/products/workstation
    3.I download the modified driver for my driver from here htt ps://mypeek.wildpackets.com/driver_downloads.php
    4.I install workstation and the new driver then i run vmware workstation and make the following steps
    a)File-->New-->Virual Machine-->Select typical and press next--> Select i will install the operating system late and press nextr--> Select Linux --> Select version ubuntu and press next --> I give one name and press next --> i let the max size 20GB and select one single file and press next --> And finish --> i press edit virtual machine setting --> CD-DVD and select use iso image file, press browse and select bt4 pre final.iso --> and press ok --> then press edit --> virtual netwrok editor --> and in the first one i select my wireless adapter and press ok
    b)I run it then he loading something and when it finish i start to writing my first command
    root@bt:~# airmon-ng
    and it cant find interface

I stack here pls help me i think i explain very good my problem and its easy now to find solve and sorry for my english

Mary

I'm guessing from your title that your wireless NIC is on usb and you're "not so familiar" with Virtualization software:
    If you want to use your usb NIC then you don't have to use it in a bridge mode. You Choose VM > Removable Devices to connect specific USB device to your virtual machine.

I highly recommand you to start using Linux with another distro. Backtrack is a pentesting distribution for professionals and advanced users. Your question is a basical one...even for windows users. Ubuntu is a great distro you may want to start with
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Just burned his ISO

my usb is linksys wusb600n... and i just following instruction from youtube and when i writed airmon-ng its cant find interface.... i read the compatible cards and my card is in the list

i read the list with compatible cards and my card (linksys wusb600n) it was in the list... i just followed the instruction in youtube i dont think that i make mistake somewhere

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Edit your posts using the Edit button located at the bottom right hand side of said post. Re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up.
    This is your one and only warning.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.