Thread: ruby scipts plz

Hybrid View

Default ruby scipts plz

I'm trying to pick up ruby as the title says, been going pretty good so far but im finding a complete lack of anything security related other than msf and dradis. so...

Any of you happen to know of a decent site, or a couple scripts i can use as reference. I just learn better by doing, and writing "Hi im john, and 10+10=20" scripts is pointless.

Thanks
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    I'm trying to pick up ruby as the title says, been going pretty good so far but im finding a complete lack of anything security related other than msf and dradis. so...

Any of you happen to know of a decent site, or a couple scripts i can use as reference. I just learn better by doing, and writing "Hi im john, and 10+10=20" scripts is pointless.

Thanks
    You've looked in the /pentest directory in BT4 havent you? Ive spotted a few info gathering ruby scripts buried in there that might interest you. You could also try doing one of the PWB coding exercises in ruby (like the SMTP brute forcer), no better way to learn a language than to create something useful with it.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    try doing one of the PWB coding exercises in ruby (like the SMTP brute forcer), no better way to learn a language than to create something useful with it.
    Exactly what i was planning on, its funny tho how we overlook the simple things .. Thanks

Edit: btw for those that are interestred or looking for the same thing, i found this useful.

mkdir ruby-example ; cd ruby-example ; for i in $(locate milw0rm | grep .rb | sort -u) ; do cp $i . ; done ; for x in $(grep -lr "msf/" .) ; do rm $x ; done
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/pro...-examples.html

i posted some ruby examples... i used the client <-to-> server tcp examples to create a nice backdoor/rootkit...