Thread: Some simple shell scripts

Just burned his ISO

Default Some simple shell scripts

First off, I know its not programming, it's scripting, but I'm learning so cut me some slack.

Anyway, I've got four scripts I'd like to share. These are working on BackTrack 4 beta, haven't had a chance to compare with 4 prerelease, but I'm sure it can be adapted. I use these in specific with an Atheros based chipset (as they are for athX madwifi VAPs). To use these scripts, simply open Kate and copy the code, save to correct dir, then use console to
    Code:
    root@bt:~# chmod 1777 /usr/sbin/xxxx-sc.sh
    for each script. After this has been done, these scripts can be run from konsole root as xxxx-sc-sh. Makes things convienent.

I also use an array in my script, utilizing both monitor + connectivity modes on ath0 and ath1. Ath0 is designated as the monitor, and ath1 is used for connect. The only trick with this script is that the card's modes are bound together by channel, so if you connect on channel 6 you can only monitor on channel 6. If you are monitoring and channel hopping, you will have a hard time associating.
    /usr/sbin/dual-sc.sh
    Code:
    killall wpa_supplicant
    killall NetworkManger
    killall knetworkmanager
    airmon-ng stop ath0
    airmon-ng stop ath1
    ifconfig wifi0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:10:24:00:13:37
    ifconfig wifi0 up
    airmon-ng start wifi0
    wlanconfig ath1 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta -uniquebssid
    NetworkManager start
    knetworkmanager
    This one sets the wifi card in to strictly monitor/passive mode.
    /usr/sbin/mon-sc.sh
    Code:
    airmon-ng stop ath0
    airmon-ng stop ath1
    killall wpa_supplicant
    killall NetworkManager
    killall knetworkmanager
    ifconfig wifi0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    ifconfig wifi0 up
    airmon-ng start wifi0
    airodump-ng ath0
    This sets the wifi card into strictly internet/connectivity mode.
    /usr/sbin/con-sc.sh
    Code:
    airmon-ng stop ath0
    airmon-ng stop ath1
    ifconfig wifi0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:10:24:00:13:37 wifi0
    ifconfig wifi0 up
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta -uniquebssid
    NetworkManager start
    knetworkmanager
    Finally, to flush all wifi connections into the "down" mode.
    /usr/sbin/netdown-sc.sh
    Code:
    killall wpa_supplicant
    killall NetworkManger
    killall knetworkmanager
    airmon-ng stop ath0
    airmon-ng stop ath1
    Any criticism or comments welcome! Lemme know what you guys think.

if you want to learn some more. you should try to use the "read" command. this allows for input from the user. for example:

print "what is ur adapter called? example: wlan0, ath0, etc"
    read $adapter
    airmon-ng start $adapter

in this case $adapter == what ever the user enters as the adapter name.
    btw my syntax might be wrong as im not in linux right now and havent scripted in bash for a little bit. but the basic idea is there. :P
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by vaeldious View Post
    First off, I know its not programming, it's scripting, but I'm learning so cut me some slack.
    If you will add variables, functions, conditional statements and loops in your script would you still call it just scripting? I wonder what's really the difference. Isn't it a program is some sequential instructions you write for the computer to execute, regardless if you have to compile the it beforehand or just to be read by an interpreter later? When you wrote a very nice shell script that executes various programs and process their output, would you still call yourself a script kiddie? Aren't these shells also considered as programming languages?

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I judge any sort of programming or scripting language on three things:

1) How much stuff you can do with it (e.g. can you read and write files, can you take input from the user, can you perform looping)
    2) How portable it is (e.g. can you write a program that will run on M$Windoze, Mac, Solaris, Linux)
    3) The quality of the "executable" file, how small it is in kilobytes, and how quickly it runs.

There's no doubt that you can do some pretty neat stuff with Bash Script, some people have made some marvelous programs with it.

The people who are extremely proficient at Bash Scripting would do very well at full-blown languages like C and C++, I suppose it's just a matter of time before they decide to move on. Bash is great, but you can do a lot more with the likes of C and C++. C++ is pretty much the best language to use (in terms of the 3 criteria I specify above) unless you're looking for extreme portability, in which case C would be the right choice. (By extreme portability, I mean stuff like compiling code for microcontrollers the size of the nail on your baby finger).
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

Wrote a couple more. Here's some backtrack universal scanning scripts...once more, add to /usr/sbin/xxx.sh then from shell do "chmod 1777 /usr/sbin/xxx.sh"...then you will be able to run direct from shell as xxx.sh

Makes automated scanning easier :P
    longscan.sh
    Code:
    echo "**************************"
    echo "**  Mr Penguin's Long   **"
    echo "** Range Artillery Scan **"
    echo "**************************"
    echo "Scans ..X-Y.1-255 of input IP, with specified port."
    echo "Builds output, then opens."
    echo "Scan which port/s?"
    read port
    echo "IP Block 1:"
    read block1
    echo "IP Block 2:"
    read block2
    echo "IP Block 3 Start:"
    read block3a
    echo "IP Block 3 End:"
    read block3b

while [ $block3a -le $block3b ]
    do
    	nmap -p $port $block1.$block2.$block3a.1-255 -oG /root/longscan.txt --append-output
    	block3a=$(( block3a+1 ))
    done

nano /root/longscan.txt
    shortscan.sh
    Code:
    echo "***********************"
    echo "** Mr Penguin's Auto **"
    echo "** Full IPBlock Scan **"
    echo "***********************"
    echo "Scans input of first three IP blocks with nmap, with input of port."
    echo "Builds output, then opens."
    echo "Input first three IP Blocks, Seperated by space"