Thread: Need help with Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question

Hi,

Just right off the bat I'll tell you that I am a n00b... I'm only 16 and looking into learning how to use networking to help me in the future. (So please don't bash on me for my n00b methods) I've been using the tutorial located here to help me: ryanunderdown. com/linux/cracking-wep-using-backtrack.php take out spaces please tell me if this isn't allowed I will remove it promptly

Please note I'm attempting to crack my friends Wifi (he lives next door) and I do have permission from him to test on.

Ok,

I'm using backtrack 3 with my Wifi card (Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN) and noticed that it isn't being picked up when I use the methods found in the tutorial.

Kismet will not run because my wireless adapter is not being picked up. I searched the forums and some of the info I found is way updates but so is the version of backtrack that I'm using (BackTrack 3)

So can someone please help me? I'm thinking that I might need to patch my adapter to make it work but I want to hear it from someone who may have experience before doing it.

If I need to upgrade to backtrack 4 please tell me but I want to be asured that my card works with that version before downloading it.

Please make your instructions simple so I can understand it

Any help will be appreciated remember we all need help learning at some point!

I really need this problem fixed, so please help!

Please help soon i really am looking forward to getting this fixed!

Dont post three times in a row in your own thread please. Also don't assume that just by saying that you want something fixed soon that people will answer any quicker, or that this makes it OK to keep bumping the thread. If someone who has experience with your card in BT4 sees the thread, they will answer when they have the time, and not before.

This would normally earn you an infraction (its against those forum rules you agreed to when joining), however Im in a good mood so I havent given you one. Rest assured if I see multiple posting again I won't be so forgiving.

Perhaps you will get quicker results by actually downloading BT4 and trying it out...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry I realized that about the 3rd time I posted... I assumed that a quick reply meant that it would apear "quick" only after the 3rd time did I reed the loading page that said something like, "It must be evaluated by a moderator before it apears." After that I stopped.

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

1. -- Backtrack 3 does not suports the Intel Wifi 5100 AGN card...
    2. -- Download and try BT4 - it suports the 5100 Agn card, buy for injection you`ll ned to update the drivers and aply a patch..
    4. -- search this forum for how to update drivers and patch for Intel 5100
    5. -- Read a lot ...

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by _DoS_ View Post
    2. -- Download and try BT4 - it suports the 5100 Agn card, buy for injection you`ll ned to update the drivers and aply a patch..
    5. -- Read a lot ...
    Thanks you so much! your a life saver!

5. -- Read a lot ...
    Hmmm.... I've looked all over the forumns and google searched but with no luck have i found a patch...

The closest thing I found was this: forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-non-working-hardware/23883-intel-5100-injection-problem.html

Just burned his ISO

Arrow

http : // forums. remote-exploit.org / backtrack-4-non-working-hardware /2 3883-intel-5100-injection-problem . html

Just burned his ISO

Wink Thanks anyways

http : // forums. remote-exploit.org / backtrack-4-non-working-hardware /2 3883-intel-5100-injection-problem . html
    Ya thanks for all the help you provided but after doing much reading I noticed that getting this card to work is going to be more work than what you possible could get at the end.

So Its off to eBay for a 100% working adapter