Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Question

Hybrid View

Default Random Question

Say someone is sitting home at their computer....no im client open...and a friend wants to send them something or talk to them..
    Does anyone know if there is a way for the friend to send a request to communicate to the person sitting home at their computer.

Hope this one isn't to far fetched. : )

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Niko67 View Post
    Say someone is sitting home at their computer....no im client open...and a friend wants to send them something or talk to them..
    Does anyone know if there is a way for the friend to send a request to communicate to the person sitting home at their computer.

I believe there was this guy, an inventor I believe, a little over 100 years ago created something that just might do this.

Let me see if I can remember the name of it.

hmmmm.... ummmm...

oh yeah. Telephone.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

LMAO @ Streaker XD
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    oh yeah. Telephone.
    An email would also suffice
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

If it's your network and your computers, then you can use a program like Fastrack to exploit an MS-Windows machine and gain control over it. Once you've gained control, you can do stuff like open up Notepad and write stuff such as "This is God, you have angered me, your family's gonna die today a 3:34pm".

If you have prior access to the machine you're exploiting, you can always do something like install a program such as VNC or some sort of instant messenger, that will make it easy to communicate a message to the user.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I believe there was this guy, an inventor I believe, a little over 100 years ago created something that just might do this.

Let me see if I can remember the name of it.

hmmmm.... ummmm...

oh yeah. Telephone.
    OMG the wonders of technology
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

The functionality you have described is basically what an IM client was designed to do. Just use one of those - you wont be able to legally do what you want to do unless that "someone" you want to talk to is running software that provides the same functions as an IM client.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

I thought messenger (not the IM msn) was able to do that, but it got abused for spam (of course) and it is not switched on in nearly all cases.

Do a search for IP Messaging

You could try "net send" but only if it's local.

Default Thanks

Thanks...these responses help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast