Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rapid7 has acquired Metasploit

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    I think the best way to discourage all of the lazy ones is to maintain the no spoonfeeding rule, that way hopefully only the ones who are willing to put in the effort will have the perseverence to stick around, and the others will see it as too hard and will give up.
    Never thought it that way. From now onwards I will stick to that rule.

As for the usage of correct English, you all now my level. I am a little bit old to do something about it. It's very hard to me to post even a single post. I am using dictionary, online translators etc. I am trying hard,but after all.... this is the beauty of all things.

If you try hard, at the end you will be vindicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    Never thought it that way. From now onwards I will stick to that rule.
    Yep, not just a pretty face over here

It certainly doesnt encourage anyone to think for themselves and learn to solve their own problems if someone here will just hand them the answer. Its like that "teach a man to fish" parable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    As for the usage of correct English, you all now my level. I am a little bit old to do something about it. It's very hard to me to post even a single post. I am using dictionary, online translators etc. I am trying hard,but after all.... this is the beauty of all things.

If you try hard, at the end you will be vindicated.
    I don't worry so much about this when it comes from people for whom English is a second language - as long as theres some effort to break things into paragraphs, and use punctuation and capitalisation so people can make sense of what you're saying. I have no problem understanding your posts for example, and you've done very well to make yourself understood considering you use online translators.

I only get annoyed about improper English when supposed "native speakers" get it wrong just because they can't be bothered to take a little extra time to make themselves understood...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

I only get annoyed about improper English when supposed "native speakers" get it wrong just because they can't be bothered to take a little extra time to make themselves understood...
    dont no wut the ell ur tacking abut lupin. their all rlly gr8 postars here.

Hey.. if you're going to kick them, when they're down is the best time
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

prowl3r

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    <emotional>

I love you guys *tears*

</emotional>
    Lupin, please spank the senior kid with the anti-jenkem stick

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    dont no wut the ell ur tacking abut lupin. their all rlly gr8 postars here.
    OMG totally, u r so rght,,, dnt knw what i was thinkng!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by prowl3r View Post
    Lupin, please spank the senior kid with the anti-jenkem stick
    I think its too late for that one
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

lol back on topic.

Have you seen the amount of updates hdm and the team is throwing these days ?

New stuff is being thrown out faster than i can keep up with it .. not that its a bad thing
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Are you kidding me? The first page of this thread is mostly complaining about new members? Wow. Get over it, there here, and they are going to keep coming. One day they'll grow up, and maybe be the next mitnick or whoever.
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

prowl3r

Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    The first page of this thread is mostly complaining about new members?
    No. About certain lazy members.

One day they'll grow up, and maybe be the next mitnick or whoever.
    Yeah, maybe the next Sir Isaac Newton, but not the ones I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    Are you kidding me? The first page of this thread is mostly complaining about new members? Wow. Get over it, there here, and they are going to keep coming. One day they'll grow up, and maybe be the next mitnick or whoever.
    So you're complaining about us complaining?

We were having a discussion on these types of members as well as ways in which to deal with them. Dont you think its worthwhile to try and discuss ways in which to improve the situation on the forum? Or do you just advocate the "suffer in silence" approach? Maybe you would also be a little less likely to say "just put up with it" if you were a moderator and had to approve large numbers of these poorly considered posts, and then remind said posters of the forum rules that they have just agreed to but apparently havent read.

Personally I want to keep the standards of this forum high, and if a little discussion helps that, then its a small price to pay.

Its also possible that some members who may be inclined to behave in this manner will read this thread, and then change their behaviour accordingly. Someone has to be aware of a problem before they can resolve it after all.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Personally I want to keep the standards of this forum high, and if a little discussion helps that, then its a small price to pay.
    Hard to disagree with the above. Also one does have to consider the amount of "crap" (and I use the term loosely) that doesn't even show up here for others to read.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast