Thread: NO wireless extension

Just burned his ISO

Default NO wireless extension

Srry it has been deletd.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaled View Post
    hi guys i am facing so bloody problems in backtrack 3. When i power on backtrack from vmware workstation and then click new shell and type "airmon-ng" nothing comes up in interface or driver. So i check the wirelss usb i am using and it works fine in my windows vista HP but in bt3 the opposite . When click internet----wireless assistant in bt3 , it's tells me usable wireless device found .
    I have searched youtube and google for help but got nothing so please anyone please tell me a way to fix this as soon as possible and thank you very much.
    Careful about double posting OP - its in those rules you agreed to when you joined. You know them right?

I deleted your other similar post from here. You have avoided an infraction this time, but don't do it again.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Edit your posts using the Edit button located at the bottom right hand side of said post. Re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. This is your one and only warning.
    Try giving the virtual machine control of the usb device before trying to use it with the guest operating system. Look in the help section of your vmware product (player, or server).
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

k my bad srry but still u guys didn't give me an answer to my question why backtrack 3 in wi.. connection gets no usable interface found.Please give me A complete detail on how to do it pls . I have been searching google , youtube and got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaled View Post
    k my bad srry but still u guys didn't give me an answer to my question why backtrack 3 in wi.. connection gets no usable interface found.Please give me A complete detail on how to do it pls . I have been searching google , youtube and got nothing.
    Assuming that your USB wireless card is supported by BT3 (check the HCL and search the forums), my next guess as to the cause of this problem is that your virtual machine isnt taking control of your USB card successfully.

This is what archangel.amael was getting at in his post above. Did you try what he suggested? If so what were your results?

Please remember that we don't spoonfeed here, so we are not going to be posting a step by step guide for you to fix this. We can give suggestions as to what the problem might be, and you need to do the legwork to actually resolve the issue (including doing research if you don't understand what we suggest).
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.