Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniffing msn in local network

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRAPI View Post
    I am talking about my brother

Anyway thank you for your advice.
    So your brother and your wife don't deserve their privacy in communications?

I bet the police would think differently.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I know why it doesn't work and i know about jail.

I am looking for a solution as i just test it on my network with my brother and my wife i think i am safe from jail

isn't thinking that you're safe the first flaw? i know there is at least one forum thats likely storing your IP address...

I am talking about my brother
    You may think that the other guys telling you this is against the law are overreacting, but they are not.

Intercepting communications (including telephone calls, emails, instant messaging traffic, voip traffic, etc) is against the law in many countries, and it doesn't matter at all that you have a personal relationship with the party you are monitoring.

If you have explicit consent from all parties involved in the communication to perform monitoring you might be safe (e.g. they KNOW you are doing it and have given permission), but even then I wouldn't make assumptions about this (standard disclaimer IANAL).

Heed the warning, and keep in mind that discussion of illegal activities on this forum is strictly prohibited (it will earn you an instant ban.)

I would suggest you read up on the telecommunications interception laws for your local jurisdiction - you will likely be surprised about what they say is illegal, because many of them were written in a time before computers came into widespread use. Its quite possible that they will fly in the face of what you consider common sense, but you don't have to agree with a law, or think its sensible, to be bound by it.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12