Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: make installation easier

Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    Hey now.. if big Linus himself gives it a big thumbs up, then it *can't* be puke

I saw that last night. That's some funny shit right there. You know the dude behind the counter has no idea who the funny talking guy is.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I saw that last night. That's some funny shit right there. You know the dude behind the counter has no idea who the funny talking guy is.
    That stand is actually located in the BK's in Tokyo.

A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by aditya292004 View Post
    i wnt backtrack 4 installation like windows 7 so every1 can install it .jus select the drive where u wnt to installl and ur done with installation.pls make the installation for dual boot easier
    Life is so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    While that is indeed a tempting thought process to have, you should definitely go and have a look through the BT2 archives as well as the older newbie sections from 2007/08. The "barrier to entry" was a lot harder(that being subjective of course). There were still tons of daily "how to connect to the internet, how to install" etc. etc. questions.
    Yes, that comment was to a large extent tongue in cheek, designed to point out the absurdity of expending effort on making the installation routine of an advanced Linux distribution easy enough so that anyone, even those with only rudimentary computer skills, could use it.

I wouldn't really expect any significant decline in silly questions if BackTrack was made to be more difficult to install. I don't think we will ever see an end to silly questions - they were with us in the past and they will remain in our future.

As stated by Einstein, "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO imported_RaderCad's Avatar

Talking Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post

Can't install it? Then you shouldn't be using it!
    I had to searously go back and re-learn all my Unix skills plus a lot more. Ubuntu is about as easy to insall as anything but it keeps missing some of my laptop. BT4 was a breeze but I am an OLD (really OLD) C programmer and systems operator and reading things online to get back up to speed is a good exercize for us OLD guys. I just loved getting back into the command line interface and re-compiling my Nvidia drivers to the current BT4 release, it made me realize I still got it.

Really now, GUI for Unix / Linux and a customized version at that? Buhahaha!

The tool-set is worth every ounce of learning and once you stop learning.............

Thanks for the effort and the great tools. Love getting back into it.....

Just burned his ISO

the installation is easy as sleeping ,if u have problems with sleeping ..stay with windows )don't need a cool install method ...if u don;t want to put your 2 neurons to install ,then stick with win ...

very very strange installation progress...
    it was the first time since gentoo that i had so a bunch of problems...

please make the installation easier!
    www.myownremote.blogspot.com

Good friend of the forums spawn's Avatar

how much less idiots and kiddies to dream with backtrack

better

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

This thread really isn't going to get better, further if one can't work the installer that is provided the one shouldn't use the OS.
    Closed
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12