Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dect Sniffing With Backtrack

Just burned his ISO

Default Dect Sniffing With Backtrack

Hi, does anyone have experience of installing/using Dedected software on BT4 ? I have searched google etc. but without success,I wrongly assumed there would be a detailed " How To" somewhere.

Default Re: Dect Sniffing With Backtrack

Quote Originally Posted by finlay View Post
    Hi, does anyone have experience of installing/using Dedected software on BT4 ? I have searched google etc. but without success,I wrongly assumed there would be a detailed " How To" somewhere.
    Try here:
    Leaders in Online Information Security Training » Sniffing DECT Phones – The Details
    https://dedected.org/trac

HowTo | BackTrack Linux

Coming soon!

Wow, after using the search button here on the forum, you're kinda hot on this subject aren't you?

Just burned his ISO

Hi, thanks Lincoln but I already seen that and its not exactly "detailed" .....and Barry what can I say? as if I hadn't thought of clicking on a button entitled "How To" on BT4 Homepage!!! still it adds to your post count so it was worth your tuppence ...thanks anyway. At least you didn't give me the "google is your friend "

Hi, thanks Lincoln but I already seen that and its not exactly "detailed" .....and Barry what can I say? as if I hadn't thought of clicking on a button entitled "How To" on BT4 Homepage!!! still it adds to your post count so it was worth your tuppence ...thanks anyway. At least you didn't give me the "google is your friend "
    If you had searched you would also have noticed the large amount of threads here that contain the words "I searched but couldnt find anything related to my problem", only to be followed by a few responses that identify that the OP did not in fact search very well at all.

The lesson here is that if you are searching for something and find a few obvious things that are related to your problem but for some reason are unsuitable, MENTION THEM IN YOUR POST! That way we know you have found them and wont have to tell you about them under the (usually safe) assumption that someone who has made a one paragraph post in a new thread did not put too much effort into their search.

And Google is your friend.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    And Google is your friend.
    Amen

Also Barry you make me laugh sometimes I was rolling around imagining you going *TADA!* with jazz hands and a big banner going "How-To's Here" with an arrow pointing at the link...
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

I could give a **** about my post count. Personally I think they're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I could give a **** about my post count. Personally I think they're stupid.
    You're just saying that because you don't have as many posts as I do. You're going to be so jealous when I get the solid gold monthly High Post Count trophy!

To be serious for a second though, there's really very little benefit to be gained from raising your post count here. Its usually done artificially only by new members trying to get around the post moderation requirements (or the link posting requirements from the old forum). For established members the only benefit you get is the change from "Junior Member" to "Senior Member" which occurs at post 100.

Anyway, as long as the post adds to the discussion in some way it is considered valid and gets to stay, and posts made just for the sake of it DO get deleted by the moderators, so lets stop with the accusations of post count raising shall we?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    You're just saying that because you don't have as many posts as I do. You're going to be so jealous when I get the solid gold monthly High Post Count trophy!
    We have trophies now? Why didn't someone tell me! Back to the subject, who's doing the dect how-to? I think I remember some talk about it on the old forums.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Ohh I am sorry that the word "detailed" is so subjective in the English language and what you really meant was someone please hold my hand while I try to figure out what it is I want to do.
    No really, I mean if you would tell us what step or part your are actually having trouble with instead of badgering those who pointed out the obvious, then maybe you would actually get help, instead of sarcasm.
    If this is to hard for you then by all means go elsewhere, either way leave the attitude at the log-in prompt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast