Thread: Gmail and .dat extension

Default Gmail and .dat extension

Couple of days ago i sent a few mails from my gmail account. It's has something to do with my job. The important thing is that all the mails contain the pdf as attachment.

Now i got one of the replies, person that got the mail is asking me in what format is this attachment, 'couse it has .dat extension.
    Well i noteced then that all the pdf attachments that i have sent this days is given .dat extension by the gmail.

It's ridicilous, no problem with opening them from the pdf reader or adobe but shity thing is that i was sending my CV, and imagine the person that got like 100 CV, see .dat extension in one of them. He's not going to look how to open my .dat CV. He is gone hit the delete button.

Sending in zip format works. But it's allways good thing that you send in clear format i guess, again they just love to hit delete botton.

It's not so big deal ,but i just can't imagine why the hell gmail has problem with regular pdf.
    This is just a small warning, 'couse i hate when something like this happens.
    How long have you been guarded?><In frameworks to present you?><I need you as a target><My hollow arms defend you><My thoughts were never sleeping><You've got to triple-heal me><Immune against the others><Moving slow to feel me_Diorama_Pain Management

Just burned his ISO aliceinwire's Avatar

you try to disable your antivirus
    i think is because it analyze your pdf for potential exploit

if you have no antivirus can be a bug of your mail client

Good friend of the forums

yea, and stop using Windows!

Well i'm using bt as main distro. No antvirus.
    Firefox, and webmail gmail.
    So gotta be something with gmail ,i guess.
    How long have you been guarded?><In frameworks to present you?><I need you as a target><My hollow arms defend you><My thoughts were never sleeping><You've got to triple-heal me><Immune against the others><Moving slow to feel me_Diorama_Pain Management