Thread: Need help with backtrack4

Just burned his ISO

well i've been trying to get backtrack4 on either my laptop or my desktop for about a month now. ive checked google endlessly and searched the forums like never before.

ok my problem at first was with backtrack4 beta. i didn't have a dvd burner. so i went out and bought one. now with the dvd burn i was able to burn a copy of bt4 pre final. heres where i need help

i load the disk and it goes directly to a black screen that says "minimal bash-like line...... tab lists possible commands..... grub>" now i was wondering if i can type anything here to start it up.

i burned the disk on nero with my gateway w35oa model. ive also tried the live cd on my desktop which is a dell. the cd was a dvd-r memorex

any help would be very much appreciated

ok im also having another problem. i'm trying to use backtrack3 on my laptop. it works on the desktop but not on the laptop.

i put the cd in and it works at first loads to the gray screen where you can pick which backtrack you want to run. like text mode and graphic modes. after i choose one it goes to a black screen and the cd drive doesn't do anything. the longest ive waited was probably 5 min with nothing. what can i do to get backtrack on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday51225 View Post
    ok im also having another problem. i'm trying to use backtrack3 on my laptop. it works on the desktop but not on the laptop.

i put the cd in and it works at first loads to the gray screen where you can pick which backtrack you want to run. like text mode and graphic modes. after i choose one it goes to a black screen and the cd drive doesn't do anything. the longest ive waited was probably 5 min with nothing. what can i do to get backtrack on my laptop.
    i think after the 5 min. you waited try to type startx and press enter , i recall one said that be4.
    Impossible is impossible

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by omarara View Post
    i think after the 5 min. you waited try to type startx and press enter , i recall one said that be4.

No i am not able to type anything. am i the only person having this problem? it seems i can't find an answer...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday51225 View Post
    No i am not able to type anything. am i the only person having this problem? it seems i can't find an answer...
    Throw out all the other dvd/cds you have made. get BT4 Pre-final, check the md5sum then burn it at the slowest speed possible and go from there.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.