Thread: Speedtouch algorithm to generate password

Hybrid View

Default Speedtouch algorithm to generate password

Ok, you'll know that the algorithm used by Speedtouch routers to generate the default password has been discovered, for example here:
    hxxp://www.gnucitizen.org/blog/default-key-algorithm-in-thomson-and-bt-home-hub-routers

What it's not clear to me is it says the algorithm takes the router's serial number to generate ESSID and password
    But the serial number is unique, right?
    I'm saying this because I'm sure I found several routers with the same ESSID, that should then have the same password
    I'm Winston Wolf, I solve problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
    What it's not clear to me, is it says the algorithm takes the router's serial number to generate ESSID and password
    But the serial number is unique, right?
    I'm saying this because I'm sure I found several routers with the same ESSID, that should then have the same password
    Not exactly... If you use the key calculator you'll see that for some router SSIDs you can get 2 or 3 keys. Each key will have associated a different serial number. So you can have 2/3 routers (maybe more, depending on the year range the calculator has) with the same essid but with diferent passwords and consequently, different serial numbers (it will depend of when was the router made, year and week of the year).

Thanks for your explanation!
    OK, so you mean that, starting from different serial number, with that algorithm you can get same ESSID, but different passwords?

Yep, I noticed that the programs to find the password from ESSID proposes several passwords...

OK, so you mean that, starting from different serial number, with that algorithm you can get same ESSID, but different passwords?
    Basically, yes.

There is something called SpeedTouchKey.exe , download it @ google (search for it) it should come up quickly, it may get default keys for many types of routers (SpeedTouch) serials, sometimes an option is required to get the key (cause sometimes it does have it but does not shows it).

Its very useful and very quick, faster than 1 minute WEP cracking, :P
    :cool:
    Alienware M17x - Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300
    Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M GPUs
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

Quote Originally Posted by athacks View Post
    There is something called SpeedTouchKey.exe , download it @ google (search for it) it should come up quickly, it may get default keys for many types of routers (SpeedTouch) serials, sometimes an option is required to get the key (cause sometimes it does have it but does not shows it).

Its very useful and very quick, faster than 1 minute WEP cracking, :P
    I got it, I got it! And I also got the version for phones, which is more usefull...!!! ihihihihih!

Just burned his ISO

I got it, I got it! And I also got the version for phones, which is more usefull...!!! ihihihihih!
    Do you have a link Mr Wolf?

Quote Originally Posted by MeMzZi-x View Post
    Do you have a link Mr Wolf?
    Do you have search skills? Only took me 10 seconds to find a bunch of links... Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Google is your friend.
    It isnt your friend it is your master, live with it xD
    Alienware M17x - Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300
    Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M GPUs
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB