Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Booting BT3, OSX Leopard, and vista help!

Default Triple Booting BT3, OSX Leopard, and vista help!

Hello Everyone I'm an very Avid Computer Geek who wants to learn Everything about Computers and Right now I am Setting up My computer To Triple Boot Back Track 3 , Mac OS X Leopard and Windows Vista Ultimate. Ive Done my Research and Have lots of good reasons for this combo of OS's So don't Patronize me about me being crazy or the such.
    Here is the Drive Setup as viewed on Vista (Which is my Favorite OS).

Drive (A:) 13.0 GB Mac Os x Leopard. (Not Installed yet)
    Drive (B:) 13.0 GB Back|Track Linux. (Files copied from live CD, Not bootable yet)
    Drive (C:) 114 GB Windows Vista Ultimate (Installed Fully Functional)
    Drive (D:) 8.42 GB HP Recovery Boot drive (Came Preinstalled, It Used to work but now Doesnt. I think its cause I changed the Primary Partion a while back.)
    Here is the Deal I would like to Use Windows Vista's Boot loader called BCD Edit.
    I Have BCD 1.7.1 But Even though It's user Friendly I still Have no Clue What I'm Doing.

This is my Computer Information:
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
    System type: x64-based PC
    Processor: ADD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Duel-Core Processor TK-55 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Ram: 2.00 GB's

I Have No Clue What I'm Doing So any Help Will Be Of utmost importance!

Default Sister Thread NeoSmart EasyBCD 1.7.1

I Made an Sister Thread With the Same Question But Its Specifically For Help With EasyBCD 1.7.1 and Getting it to boot Back Track 3.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiaos View Post
    Hello Everyone I'm an very Avid Computer Geek who wants to learn Everything about Computers and Right now I am Setting up My computer To Triple Boot Back Track 3 , Mac OS X Leopard and Windows Vista Ultimate. Ive Done my Research and Have lots of good reasons for this combo of OS's So don't Patronize me about me being crazy or the such.
    Here is the Drive Setup as viewed on Vista (Which is my Favorite OS).

Drive (A 13.0 GB Mac Os x Leopard. (Not Installed yet)
    Drive (B 13.0 GB Back|Track Linux. (Files copied from live CD, Not bootable yet)
    Drive (C 114 GB Windows Vista Ultimate (Installed Fully Functional)
    Drive (D 8.42 GB HP Recovery Boot drive (Came Preinstalled, It Used to work but now Doesnt. I think its cause I changed the Primary Partion a while back.)
    Here is the Deal I would like to Use Windows Vista's Boot loader called BCD Edit.
    I Have BCD 1.7.1 But Even though It's user Friendly I still Have no Clue What I'm Doing.

This is my Computer Information:
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
    System type: x64-based PC
    Processor: ADD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 Duel-Core Processor TK-55 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Ram: 2.00 GB's

I Have No Clue What I'm Doing So any Help Will Be Of utmost importance!
    First, I would guess you are probably young and have no idea how crappy vista really is.
    Second, IMHO making a remark about vista being your favorite OS on a linux forum probably isn't the wisest idea. We are not a Vista or OS X support group.
    Third, Do you even know if your processor is OS X capable?
    Have you ran CpuZ on your computer to find if its supports SSE2 or SSE3?
    Fourth, I'm not for certain but I doubt Vista's boot loader will work in this situation. You will probably need to use a linux boot loader like LILO or GRUB.

I've never done a triple boot with these 3 OS's so I will not be able to help you any further besides this piece of advice... Find what you can, everywhere you can about this subject and read it.

Developer

I could not have said that better my self. I use vista because I have some stuff for work which ONLY runs on windows and nothing else. Your set up sounds a little like a pipe dream however I wish you the best of luck : )

Default Thanks for your reply

I Love linux's flexablility thats why im installing it in an trilple boot set up. The main reason I say I like vista is cause I disabled UAC so its the same thing as XP. And I cause I know so many work arounds for windows that i can work on vista too. anyways thats not why we are here to talk about.

Can some one lay it out for me how I might do this.

I made most of the partions i just need to format them with the right file system and im sure im going to have to do that in linux so any commands to do so would help lots.

Does linux know how to format mac file system?

Im buying OS X tommarro so it will be an wait.

I Love linux's flexablility thats why im installing it in an trilple boot set up. The main reason I say I like vista is cause I disabled UAC so its the same thing as XP. And I cause I know so many work arounds for windows that i can work on vista too. anyways thats not why we are here to talk about.

Can some one lay it out for me how I might do this.

I made most of the partions i just need to format them with the right file system and im sure im going to have to do that in linux so any commands to do so would help lots.

Does linux know how to format mac file system?

Im buying OS X tommarro so it will be an wait.
    I've never tried to directly mount a mac formatted drive in linux, it might work, but I doubt it. I know for a fact that without some third party beta drivers osx won't be able to read the linux partitions or the windows partition. Good luck getting OSX installed on the hp, don't bother calling Apple or Hp when it doesn't work for support. Either one will laugh and hang up.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good luck getting OSX installed on the hp, don't bother calling Apple or Hp when it doesn't work for support. Either one will laugh and hang up.
    Yeah its like telling microsoft, "I can't get my pirated version of your OS working" ROFLMAO.

For those of you who wish to get osx working on your x86 PC google "os x x86 project" I Found an good link But I cant post it Cause i have to have 15 posts lol.

How do i delete posts cause i double posted this danm!! Q#$@%$@

Ubuntu 8 will read hfs+ volumes, just won't read. I don't know about Slackware.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ubuntu 8 will read hfs+ volumes, just won't read. I don't know about Slackware.
    Well Im not quite Worrried if I can Access other Drives or not Cause I dont store anything important on my computer its all on my external harde drives.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast