Thread: USB Adapter

Just burned his ISO

Default USB Adapter

Hi, I know this question was asked a million of times, but PLEASE I need help finding the perfect USB adapter. I've searched and I find a lot but I dont know which is the best. I want it to be:

- USB
    - To have "n" mode
    - To be able to attach antena
    - BT3 compatibility (if possible).
    - No driver patching required, easy cracking.

Thank you very much

You don't need N adapter. Get one Alfa AWUS036H and start with testing your network. Use google to find good tuts.

Maybe it would help the other forum members help you if you listed some of the devices you are trying to choose between and what you think their respective positive and negatives are...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for your replies! I was JUST going to confirm my Alfa AWUS036H purchase when I tough I should get a 1000mW one. The only device that I found is (cant post link due to posts) a 1000mW one (doesnt say brand or model) with a Realtek 8187L chipset and aircrack-ng page says its UNTESTED. Will I have any problems with that one?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.