Thread: ettercap help [moved]

Default ettercap help [moved]

hi guys,

i am trying to use ettercap, i have my backtrack 4 running on one machine, i also have another to machines one running xp and one running server 2003

on the windows server 2003 i have and ftp site set up

when i ran the etthercap gui for the first time and did an arp poising on all local host it automaticly started trying to crack the administrator password for the ftp site which i thought was awesome

my problem is when i try to do it again i wont do it and i have no idea how it did it the first time. i can see the server in my host list but when i start the arp poisining i wont try to crack the passsword like it did the first time i tried

really hope you can help

I never got that kind of behavior from ettercap... Maybe you activated some plugin?

Moved thread to proper area. Careful about this in future OP.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    I never got that kind of behavior from ettercap... Maybe you activated some plugin?
    all i did was activate arp poisning and started it

i am worried now that someone might of been trying to hack it as i was monitoring it is there a way to tell?

Are there other people connected to you network? It is wise to segment a pentest network from another other machines. If you did this then you would not have to worry about other people attacking the test machines.