Thread: Worked 1st time now all pwr show zero with compatible card.

Just burned his ISO

Default Worked 1st time now all pwr show zero with compatible card.

Alright, i feel that i am semi computer savy and i was sucsessful in my first attempt with BT3 but I tried agian about 3 days later and this is the issue. I check the signal strength using airodump and it shows strongs pwr but after I fake the mac all the pwr on all ap's go to 0. I know i am using a valid card becuase i did it the first time with the same setup. I have even purchased a second card and it is doing the same thing. It will show strong pwr until i go throught the fake mac process.

PLEASE HELP.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshp View Post
    Alright, i feel that i am semi computer savy and i was sucsessful in my first attempt with BT3 but I tried agian about 3 days later and this is the issue. I check the signal strength using airodump and it shows strongs pwr but after I fake the mac all the pwr on all ap's go to 0. I know i am using a valid card becuase i did it the first time with the same setup. I have even purchased a second card and it is doing the same thing. It will show strong pwr until i go throught the fake mac process.

PLEASE HELP.
    A good idea would be to show the exact steps you are using ( in addition to sourcing your tutorial) in addition why do you use the fake mac process, as this will make a difference?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Ok here is the source that I had used.

lifehacker. com/5305094/how-to-crack-a-wi+fi-networks-wep-password-with-backtrack

And the comand lines are

airmon-ng
    airmon-ng stop (interface)
    ifconfig (interface) down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 (interface)
    airmon-ng start (interface)
    airodump-ng (interface)
    airodump-ng -c (channel) -w (file name) --bssid (bssid) (interface)
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e (essid) (interface)
    aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 (interface)
    aircrack-ng -b (bssid) (file name-01.cap)

More details

The interface i have used it
    eth0 - Asus WL-138G v2
    wlan0 - PCI card that i had bought about a year ago but i forgot the brand. It was the one that i used the first time I was sucessful so i know its compatible.

I know the cards are working fine becuase they work in windows as well as prior to the process as well as i have checked them with airodump and it has shown there is power.

I have went through the process, even though there is now power and it would still collect data but at a rate of 0/s (actually at about 1 per 2seconds. But i let it stay on over night until there was around 36000#data and it would not crack. I am assuming the issue is that there is no power after the fake mac process. I have also tried to crack without faking the mac and it does not get past the aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e (essid) (interface) step. Both cards apear to be doing the same thing. So I am not sure the issue.

Another point is that the power is zero on all the ap's until i restart bt3 and then they all show power agian.

I dont know what the issue is becuase it worked so flawlessly the first time and the tutorial seems to be very informative.

lifehacker.com/5305094/how-to-crack-a-wi+fi-networks-wep-password-with-backtrack

I have tried without faking mac and it does not get pasted the
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e (essid) (interface)
    step. I have a eth0 and wlan0 interface. I have pretty muched used the tutorial above to the T. I know the cards are working becuase they work in windows and they wlan0 one worked the first time.