Edit: some progress

um, i found this bridge tool... brctl

it seems simple enough to use... here is what i got...

brctl addbr mynet0
brctl addif mynet0 wlan0
brctl addif mynet0 tap0
ifconfig mynet0 up
dhclient mynet0
........blah, blah blah ip=192.168.1.19
dhclient wlan0
........blah, blah blah ip=192.168.1.19
dhclient tap0
........trying, trying, trying, etc... fail...
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.20
ping google.com
sent and recived 5packets, 0% packet loss...

so, wlan0 is my wifi card, tap0 is the 'qemu virtual windows xp' device and mynet0 is the bridge... im unable to get the tap0 device dhclient established...