Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dictionary, wordlist

Just burned his ISO

Default Dictionary, wordlist

i have a question. I downloaded wordlist file to my pc already but how i load it in backtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by hollabit View Post
    i have a question. I downloaded wordlist file to my pc already but how i load it in backtrack?

Just burned his ISO

Default Im being nice

Copy and paste it somewhere where you can find it. Say the Home folder. Now it is ready for use...

If you want to use it with aircrack this is an example: .txt or .lst are supported. Just fill the in the reast of the info (the file name and locaiton of that file that you want to crack) and you are good to go!

aircrack-ng -w /location/ofthe/dictionaryfile.txt

PS:Google this next time - it *SHOULD* have been answered before...
    ---- ____........../''\.....__...____
    ----/___../\../.../__\...|_.../___
    ----___/ /..\/.../......\.|__..___/

also if you are using external hard drive and contains 'space' you should use it like this

aircrack-ng -w '/media/your media name with spaces/networkanalisis/pentest/passwords/wordlists/darkc0de.lst'

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by snaes View Post
    If you want to use it with aircrack this is an example: .txt or .lst are supported.
    This is not true..the dictionaries aircrack uses can be any textfile containing one passphrase per line

Quote Originally Posted by hollabit View Post
    You will need to be more specific.

What are you trying to do with the wordlist? There are a number of different password cracking/guessing applications in BackTrack, each of which will access word lists/dictionary files using slightly different methods.

Or did you actually mean "How can I transfer a wordlist from my PC to BackTrack?". In that case we would need to know what OS is running on "your PC", and how it is connected to whatever machine you are running BackTrack on.

You may want to read this.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by snaes View Post
    Copy and paste it somewhere where you can find it. Say the Home folder. Now it is ready for use...

If you want to use it with aircrack this is an example: .txt or .lst are supported. Just fill the in the reast of the info (the file name and locaiton of that file that you want to crack) and you are good to go!

aircrack-ng -w /location/ofthe/dictionaryfile.txt

PS:Google this next time - it *SHOULD* have been answered before...
    in this case, i don't think it what work because i tried copy and paste. So is that anyway that i can load or transfer or whatever the lst or txt files to my back track 4.?????

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

You really need to answer Lupin's post before you can expect a helpful reply..
    I still dont understand what you are on about.

Just burned his ISO

Default any 1 answear or sall i

????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by abdull View Post
    ????????????????????????
    If you are going to provide an answer just do it. And try and make your future posts a bit more useful and for all of our sakes please cut out the SMS speak.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast