Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Dictionary, wordlist

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default Dictionary, wordlist

    i have a question. I downloaded wordlist file to my pc already but how i load it in backtrack?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollabit View Post
    i have a question. I downloaded wordlist file to my pc already but how i load it in backtrack?

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default Im being nice

    Copy and paste it somewhere where you can find it. Say the Home folder. Now it is ready for use...

    If you want to use it with aircrack this is an example: .txt or .lst are supported. Just fill the in the reast of the info (the file name and locaiton of that file that you want to crack) and you are good to go!


    aircrack-ng -w /location/ofthe/dictionaryfile.txt

    PS:Google this next time - it *SHOULD* have been answered before...
    ---- ____........../''\.....__...____
    ----/___../\../.../__\...|_.../___
    ----___/ /..\/.../......\.|__..___/

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    also if you are using external hard drive and contains 'space' you should use it like this

    aircrack-ng -w '/media/your media name with spaces/networkanalisis/pentest/passwords/wordlists/darkc0de.lst'

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snaes View Post
    If you want to use it with aircrack this is an example: .txt or .lst are supported.
    This is not true..the dictionaries aircrack uses can be any textfile containing one passphrase per line

  6. #6
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollabit View Post
    i have a question. I downloaded wordlist file to my pc already but how i load it in backtrack?
    You will need to be more specific.

    What are you trying to do with the wordlist? There are a number of different password cracking/guessing applications in BackTrack, each of which will access word lists/dictionary files using slightly different methods.

    Or did you actually mean "How can I transfer a wordlist from my PC to BackTrack?". In that case we would need to know what OS is running on "your PC", and how it is connected to whatever machine you are running BackTrack on.

    You may want to read this.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  7. #7
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snaes View Post
    Copy and paste it somewhere where you can find it. Say the Home folder. Now it is ready for use...

    If you want to use it with aircrack this is an example: .txt or .lst are supported. Just fill the in the reast of the info (the file name and locaiton of that file that you want to crack) and you are good to go!


    aircrack-ng -w /location/ofthe/dictionaryfile.txt

    PS:Google this next time - it *SHOULD* have been answered before...
    in this case, i don't think it what work because i tried copy and paste. So is that anyway that i can load or transfer or whatever the lst or txt files to my back track 4.?????

  8. #8
    Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    599

    Default

    You really need to answer Lupin's post before you can expect a helpful reply..
    I still dont understand what you are on about.

  9. #9
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default any 1 answear or sall i

    ????????????????????????

  10. #10
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdull View Post
    ????????????????????????
    If you are going to provide an answer just do it. And try and make your future posts a bit more useful and for all of our sakes please cut out the SMS speak.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •