Thread: rtl8187b driver installation

Just burned his ISO

Default rtl8187b driver installation

Ok guys im a complete noob when it come to linux but im having a problem installing the rtl8187b driver for my laptop. I have searched and searched for a guide but cannot find one. I found the modified rtl8187b driver and have no idea what the steps are to install it, the commands or anything. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Have a look here: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=12439
    I'll be posting the drivers and instructions this afternoon.

-Stephen

Just burned his ISO

Yeah i saw that thread when i was searching but couldnt tell if the german guy was looking for info on the rtl8187L or B driver as i need the info for the B driver. But i saw that you had created a script that automates the install process and everything if thats what your gonna post up ill definatly be interested in that.

Yeah it is, and from memory all the drivers are pretty well the same. I'm using an 8185 driver with my 8187 card on PCI. I'll be posting the script later on, so take a look then.

-Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix910 View Post
    OK, here it is:
    Download the tar.gz file from here:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/39843919...ified=76240773
    This is an archive of the 8185 drivers, which work for the 8185 obviously, but also for the 8187. Download it to your /root/ folder. Then open up a console and type:
    tar xfz wireless.tar.gz
    ./wireless.sh

This will install the drivers for you and start your device. These definitely work for the PCI versions, and assuming they would be the same for USB, but if not, give me a hollar. After those two have completed, do the usual and type:
    iwconfig #to find out wireless interface names
    airmon-ng stop wlan0 #this is the probably interface name
    airmon-ng start wlan0 #again, same thing

And then you should be ready to go.

-Stephen
    There you go, in case you were too lazy to look at the other one :P

-Stephen

Just burned his ISO

Default insert in live cd

is it possible to have it in the live cd inserted? So everytime we use the live cd off backtrack 3 the driver for the rtl8187b will load ?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Acidmatrix View Post
    Ok guys im a complete noob when it come to linux but im having a problem installing the rtl8187b driver for my laptop. I have searched and searched for a guide but cannot find one. I found the modified rtl8187b driver and have no idea what the steps are to install it, the commands or anything. If anyone could help me out that would be great.
    I am having the same issue, if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated. I have the RTL8187B USB 2.0 card, Backtrack3 is recognizing the card but isn't installing the drivers. When I do the "ifconfig" command it doesn't find the card, when I use the "ifconfig wlan0 up" command it says "wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device". Please help me.
    If you need to contact me by e-mail: dmanwithers@gmail.com