Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: E-Z setup a Multi Mode WLAN based on a Fake AP

Gitsnik,

Thank for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    ...if you're going to gui'ise it, ...
    No, my intentions are not to gui'ise it. I'm just getting ideas.

...why not start with plain-old "dialog", so that everything is self contained in your xterm rather than popping up different windows - also means I don't have to boot to X (something I rarely do when I'm doing something like this) just to make the script work.
    I can understand where are you going to (no need to start X) but, (forgive my ignorance) what do you mean "plain-old dialog"? One example please?

Of course, if you wanted to convert your script to PHP and do it in Curses, that would be cool..
    Yes that would be cool, I agree with you but it will be finished one year from now. I was thinking for something simplier then that. Something that would be enjoyable to work with. A new mode maybe? Don't know.

I am all hears.

great man it works

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    what do you mean "plain-old dialog"?
    Easy answer
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Hey, great work. I was wondering if there was a way to use this without the Wireless part. Solely ARP spoofing. This is a great collection of utilities. I'd love to see an option to just use this on the network that your already on. If there is a way already, please excuse my ignorance, and kindly point me in the right direction.
    Thanks,
    William

Thanks Gitsnik,
    To be honest I haven't do any research in "dialog" subject. I got it now. I will do some experiments with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stove937 View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way to use this without the Wireless part...
    No. There isn't a way to use this without the wireless part, but you can do it by your own. The tools are there. They are installed with the conf files configured correctly. Open up the script and see what it does. It's no that difficult. Maybe I will change the script in the future so it can be used in a LAN. It's not a bad idea.

EDIT: dialog and Xdialog is quite interesting commands. I like it.Some examples

Just burned his ISO

Ok, I tweaked the script to run under ubuntu 9.10 and did some benchmarks over all my wireless devices (driver used: latest compat wireless 30Nov):
    rt73 (D-Link DWL-G122 revC1 usb)
    rtl8187 (ALFA AWUS036h 500mw usb)
    rt2800usb (ALFA AWUS050NH usb)
    ath9k (AR9285 PCI-E)

After trying as softap rt73 which was REALLY slow (i do NOT recommend this chipset), i used it as the internet interface connected through the real access point.
    Client used is iwlagn (intel 4965) from ubuntu 9.10 (firefox), here are the results (cleared cache every benchmark):

(always used option 3: sslstriped)

awus036h (rtl8187):
    milw0rm.com
    : 6.98s
    refresh1: 4.47s
    refresh2: 6.29s
    refresh3: 9.60s

aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    : 3.17s
    refresh1: 5.60s
    refresh2: 7.82s
    refresh3: 3.78s

awus050nh (rt2800usb):
    milw0rm.com
    : 5.16s
    refresh1: 7.77s
    refresh2: 7.88s
    refresh3: 5.15

aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    : 10.93s
    refresh1: 8.44s
    refresh2: 7.13s
    refresh3: 4.15s

ar9285 (ath9k):
    milw0rm.com
    : 4.02s
    refresh1: 4.95s
    refresh2: 5.23s
    refresh3: 3.98s

aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    : 2.42s
    refresh1: 2.95s
    refresh2: 2.77s
    refresh3: 2.60s

The atheros chipset is really faster than the other 2, seems connected through a real AP!... Hopefully I will try also zd1211rw soon...
    Sorry for the wall of text..

Ubscenez

Just burned his ISO

very nice script keep going geek

i want to ask...

what if i want to use the script for ethernet users...for example i connect to internet through wireless or even wired....and my users coming from wired interface...?

because it always wants to run a softap what if i dont want softap ? only acting like gateway/proxy+sslstrip/dhcpd ?

thanks

Default suggested addition login page

Hi Nick
    Great script, got it running on eeepc with madwifi.
    Can connect and use the internet from vista and xp also ubuntu laptops no problem. Internet seems quite fast, no problems.

Just tried installing on an old sumsung laptop which I have managed to get ubunto running.
    Fails
    -e 033 (cant read it as text color is poor) its after (red text )Stopping Web server apache2
    ... waiting .... [OK]

684 =: unexpected operator

will try and change text color another day

Suggestion for upgrade.
    What about directing all clients to an html page. they could be forced to enter name and password before being given access to the internet.
    This info could be stored in a mysql database or only allow correct passwords access.

many thanks keep up the good work.

Default I am back

Merry Christmas to all.

Sorry guys for being off so long time. My work didn't left me much free time.

@Ubscenez. Very interesting informations. Thank you for sharing them.

@Ninja. I am Nick the Greek, not Nick the Geek. Currently you can't use the script with ethernet users, but ...the tools are there, the script show you the way how to do this. I thing it's not so hard to do it your self.

@parrotface
    Can connect and use the internet from vista and xp also ubuntu laptops no problem. Internet seems quite fast, no problems.
    Can you tell me what wifi card are you using?

Just tried installing on an old sumsung laptop which I have managed to get ubunto running.
    Sorry parrotface. I am a BackTrack addict. But you can set blank the color text variables of the script (they are at the begging of the script). Set them as follows $RED="" $GREEN="" $END=""

What about directing all clients to an html page. they could be forced to enter name and password before being given access to the internet.
    This info could be stored in a mysql database or only allow correct passwords access.
    I don't get it. What is the purpose of this? We can set WEP encryption with the script so we can give Internet access to the clients who know the WEP key.

Hi Nick Merry Christmas to you
    Running your script as AP on eeepc using atheros (madwifi)

3 laptops used for testing
    XP laptop uses broadcom (HP)
    Ubuntu laptop(samsung) uses Netgear WG511T (atheros pcmica )
    Vista laptop also uses broadcom (HP)
    all these 3 laptops connect to the eeepc no problem.

My suggestion was to spoof a genuine access point log in html page to get the client to give the correct login details, then give them access to our internet connection. Then you could send them back another page proving that they had been dupped. I have several friends who regulary use hot spots thinking they are secure and don't beleave me when I tell them they are not secure.
    Many Thanks

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast