Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: E-Z setup a Multi Mode WLAN based on a Fake AP

Just burned his ISO

Hey, I'm using a ALFA AWUS036H but it doesn't work really well, which chipset (usb) would you suggest for using this script? A RT2800 (awus050nh) will work? Anyone tried a good usb card for Rogue AP? Thanks in advice..

Quote Originally Posted by Ubscenez View Post
    Hey, I'm using a ALFA AWUS036H but it doesn't work really well, which chipset (usb) would you suggest for using this script? A RT2800 (awus050nh) will work? Anyone tried a good usb card for Rogue AP? Thanks in advice..
    Ubscenez,

Welcome to the forums.

Until now you will get the best results with atheros based cards that supports master mode. They work great as an FakeAP. When we get a card to work in master mode, we can say that we are simulating with software a "real AP". I also tried with zydas based USB (zd1211rw) and the results where good enough.

I asked darkAudax and MisterX from aircrack forums and unfortunately they don't have any recommendations to fine tune the airbase-ng.

I must say that probably any other card (except Alpha) will work much better as an FakeAP.

Finally since I am working like a dog lately, I will not respond that frequently here in the forums. I promise you that at least one time per week I will come back here and respond to your questions.

yeehawjared,

Thank you for your kind words. I can wait to find free time to add more modes in the script.

Nick.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    Ubscenez,

Welcome to the forums.

Until now you will get the best results with atheros based cards that supports master mode. They work great as an FakeAP. When we get a card to work in master mode, we can say that we are simulating with software a "real AP". I also tried with zydas based USB (zd1211rw) and the results where good enough.

I asked darkAudax in MisterX from aircrack forums and unfortunately they don't have any recommendations to fine tune the airbase-ng.

I must say that probably any other card (except Alpha) will work much better as an FakeAP.
    Thank you really much, I'm gonna try a zd1211rw from a friend.. I'll report testings later!

Default New mode added: Anonymous Surf (beta)

Today I upload a new version of the script.

It has a new mode which I called "Anonymous surfing" mode 8. It's based on TOR tunnel:
    Moxie Marlinspike >> software >> tortunnel

When you run the script it will download, compile and install TOR tunnel and it's dependencies. When you reach the point to choose a mode you will be able to choose now mode 8:
    "8. Anonymous Surfing (TOR tunnel)"
    After that the script will download the exit nodes status of the TOR network:
    http://128.31.0.34:9031/tor/status/all
    It will name it as exit_node.txt and it will be placed at $HOME_DIR. After that this file will be opened with kwrite and you must find there an IP address of an exit node.

It will look like this:
    r theraven /4U0B/nzOaKyU5BwQhj879urp00 VxsosZhUn3JnCj9xhNKGPUtxlNQ 2009-11-18 03:10:44 77.131.159.155 9001 0
    s Exit Fast Guard Named Running Valid
    opt v Tor 0.2.1.20
    r godzilla /4hFBG20SdqYmwJa6h0Q4Z5wkWY 6dZKAJhTFNmYWEwJNcUmJ42e6Ak 2009-11-18 03:19:47 83.226.224.104 9001 9030
    s Fast HSDir Named Running Stable V2Dir Valid
    opt v Tor 0.2.2.5-alpha-dev
    As moxie said:"You're probably looking for entries marked "Exit" "Running" and "Fast." "
    For my test I choose to use the 77.131.159.155 IP which is in Germany.
    You must notice that not all IPs are working with TORtunnel. If you see any error 111 or something similar try another IP.

If you see something like this:
    root@bt:~# torproxy 77.131.159.155
    torproxy 0.2 by Moxie Marlinspike.
    Retrieving directory listing...
    Connecting to exit node: 77.131.159.155:9001
    SSL Connection to node complete. Setting up circuit.
    Connected to Exit Node. SOCKS proxy ready on 5060.
    Got SOCKS Connection...
    Got SOCKS Request: 174.142.73.9:80
    Successfully opened Tor exit Node stream...
    Then you are ready to go.

To be honest I don't know yet how much anonymous I am in this mode. I am reading and searching about this. Don't know yet if I got DNS leaks. I read somewhere that you must configure FireFox to prevent this: (I already doing this)
    1) Open up firefox. In the address bar type
    Code:
    about:config
    You will get a warning. Confirm:
    "I'll be careful, I promise !"
    2) In the filter bar type :
    Code:
    network.proxy.socks_remote_dns
    double click on it and set it to "true"
    http://uploadingit.com/file/hguvxnsm.../FF_config.jpg

Here are some screen shots (show my IP sites).
    http://uploadingit.com/file/iekpbsat...n/mode_8_1.JPG
    http://uploadingit.com/file/r8fyeddl...8/mode_8_2.JPG
    http://uploadingit.com/file/xebq9bsv...y/mode_8_3.JPG

Finally I must say because I am a n00b I use squid3 as an upstream for TOR tunnel. TOR tunnel uses SOCKS 5 and I can't find any other way to force clients transparently to connect to TOR tunnel. I know how to handle http(s) traffic but SHOCKS it's something new to me. If you have any suggestion I am all hears.

If you want to access locally the TOR tunnel (your machine that is running the script):
    1) Open Firefox. Go to "EDIT --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Network --> Settings --> Manual Proxy Configuration --> SOCKS HOST
    and type 192.168.2.129 port 5060 and check the SOCKS 5
    http://uploadingit.com/file/t4iohjga.../local_tor.jpg

Enjoy

Nick

EDIT: (23/11/2009) You may not being able to connect to https site with anonymous surf. I am working on that to see if that can be done or not.

Default What next?

Does anybody has an idea what else should I add to the script?

I got to admit that I running out from ideas.

It would be nice to add something that would be:
    1. Useful to our community
    2. Funny (like upside down ternet)
    3. Original. (I don't want to repeat someones else idea like WKG or Karmetasploit). But after all if that repeated idea is good please let me know.
    4. Something that can be done.
    5. and off course something to my knowledge level or at most one level up, so I can learn new things.

Please don't post any ridiculous advanced ideas.

Thank you in advanced.

Nick

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I am only going to through this out there to the wind.
    But why not some sort of gui front end?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    I am only going to through this out there to the wind.
    But why not some sort of gui front end?
    Why not.

For now I am only familiar with BASH scripting. I know nothing for gui front end. Can you pointing me a starting site? Something like:

Xdialog

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    Why not.

For now I am only familiar with BASH scripting. I know nothing for gui front end. Can you pointing me a starting site? Something like:

Xdialog
    Actually I forgot that you are using a bash script so the options are limited and it's probably not worth it. My apologies.
    But the xdialog may work.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Actually I forgot that you are using a bash script so the options are limited and it's probably not worth it. My apologies.
    But the xdialog may work.
    Apologies accepted archangel.amael. After all you are doing a hard job here. How many time did you write lately "read forum rules etc?". It's so boring to see them. I can imagine how is to write them.

Any other proposition? Someone else?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Hmm thought I'd posted - if you're going to gui'ise it, why not start with plain-old "dialog", so that everything is self contained in your xterm rather than popping up different windows - also means I don't have to boot to X (something I rarely do when I'm doing something like this) just to make the script work.

Of course, if you wanted to convert your script to PHP and do it in Curses, that would be cool, but any conversion up from Bash to another language is going to be a larger step than "just one".
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast