Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: E-Z setup a Multi Mode WLAN based on a Fake AP

Quote Originally Posted by prowl3r View Post
    Nice Nick, but aren't you missing something?
    Sorry prowl3r, I don't follow you. What am I missing?

prowl3r

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    Sorry prowl3r, I don't follow you. What am I missing?
    Nevermind. I couldn't find the download links because I watched your 'added modes' post before you edited you initial post with the updated links.

Trying to edit a thread and I get
    Please delete this if it is not useful to our admins.

# OK. archangel.amael.Thread edited.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Thanks for the above. I edited it out.
    Send me the post number in a pm and what you need edited and I will try to fix it for you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I did some testing today. I first started the script in mode 1 and was able to connect with my windows 7 laptop. There was a delay in receiving an ip address from dhcp and I did run ipconfig /renew once. Once my laptop got an ip I was able to browse the internet.

Next I tried modes 2-4. I was able to connect, browse the web, use sarg, and see sslstrip logs with no issues. I did not need to force obtaining an ip address for any of these modes.

The internet connection I was using for the fake ap was my wired nic (eth0). The wireless interface I used was my alfa awus036h.

I will try testing out the other modes and see if I can figure out what happened with dhcp in mode 1. This is really a great script and I will be going through all of it to see how it works. If there is anything I can do to test/help please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman02379 View Post
    This is really a great script and I will be going through all of it to see how it works. If there is anything I can do to test/help please let me know
    Well dudeman02379, this is the most complete reply I ever have.

In summary we have: Working: Client's OS windows 7, modes 1-4 working, FakeAP with awus036h and internet from a wired /nic.

Glad to know you got working most of the modes. I was suspecting this, since the downloads of the script are increasing and I got no complain threads.

As for mode 1 and dhcp delay, I don't know way this happent. Dhcp and some iptable rules are common for all modes. There is nothing special in mode 1.

What I really need to know is:
    1) Try to put your awus036h's MTU at the higher available MTU and at0 to 1500.

Code:
    iconfig mon0 MTU <higher value>
    and set MTU_MON in wlan.conf from 1400 to 1500

Then can you notice any changes in:
    a) Browsing the web

b) Download rates in mode 6. (goto /tmp/bad_files/ and change the test.zip with a large zip file, lets say 10MB. The name of this file must be test.zip again, so the redirect script can find it. Then try to download from your client a zip (any *.zip) file from any site and see how fast apache2 serves you your fake test.zip file and of cource if that file that you had downloaded is the fake one. For me a got some minor problems with apache. Please play a little bit with MTU.

2) If you find a way to get your alpha card work faster - more reliable as an FakeAP, please let me now how you did it, so I can include it to the script.
    (With this I mean MTU values, different drivers)

Everyone is invited to participate in evolving this script. I am sharing this with you guys, so I can see it growing up, even without my participation.

One BIG problem for me is ...English. We may have communication problems.
    Something like men in the middled SSL connection..

Anyway. It seems you are a advanced linux addict and your help - participation would be great.

Thank you again

Nick

PS.Please let me know how goes modes 5 and specially mode 6.

Just burned his ISO

what a great script i love it

thanks a lot, and looking forward for others

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_the_Greek View Post
    Well dudeman02379, this is the most complete reply I ever have.

In summary we have: Working: Client's OS windows 7, modes 1-4 working, FakeAP with awus036h and internet from a wired /nic.

Glad to know you got working most of the modes. I was suspecting this, since the downloads of the script are increasing and I got no complain threads.

As for mode 1 and dhcp delay, I don't know way this happent. Dhcp and some iptable rules are common for all modes. There is nothing special in mode 1.

What I really need to know is:
    1) Try to put your awus036h's MTU at the higher available MTU and at0 to 1500.

Code:
    iconfig mon0 MTU <higher value>
    and set MTU_MON in wlan.conf from 1400 to 1500

Then can you notice any changes in:
    a) Browsing the web

b) Download rates in mode 6. (goto /tmp/bad_files/ and change the test.zip with a large zip file, lets say 10MB. The name of this file must be test.zip again, so the redirect script can find it. Then try to download from your client a zip (any *.zip) file from any site and see how fast apache2 serves you your fake test.zip file and of cource if that file that you had downloaded is the fake one. For me a got some minor problems with apache. Please play a little bit with MTU.

2) If you find a way to get your alpha card work faster - more reliable as an FakeAP, please let me now how you did it, so I can include it to the script.
    (With this I mean MTU values, different drivers)

Everyone is invited to participate in evolving this script. I am sharing this with you guys, so I can see it growing up, even without my participation.

One BIG problem for me is ...English. We may have communication problems.
    Something like men in the middled SSL connection..

Anyway. It seems you are a advanced linux addict and your help - participation would be great.

Thank you again

Nick

PS.Please let me know how goes modes 5 and specially mode 6.
    I haven't had as much time for this as I wanted. I did do some more testing tonight with no quite so possitive results.

First I tested using my built in wireless card for the internet connection and my alfa card for the access point in mode 1. I was able to connect to the internet but the connection was very slow. I ran a bandwidth test from both my windows 7 client and a windows xp client. The windows 7 client got a result of 739kbps down and 65kbps up. My windows xp client was similar with 642kbps down and 48kbps up.

I tried the same speed test connected directly to my linksys access point from my windows 7 client and received 15712kbps down and 3516kbps up.

I thought this may be related to my netbooks internal wireless card so I went back to using my wired connection to connect to the internet. I tested in mode 1 and 5. With both modes the connection was so bad that I was able to connect to google and some other very simple websites but any websites with more content would time out. I was not able to run a speed test at all.

I tried changing the MTU of my alfa card by using
    Code:
    ip link set mon0 mtu 1500
    and added
    Code:
    MTU_MON from 1500
    in wlan.conf

I did not experience any change in speed. I have not tried mode 6 yet at all.

If you need any more information or would like me to try another configuration please just let me know.

EDIT: I was wondering if my netbooks internet connection was the problem. I rebooted my netbook and connected to the internet using the wired connect. I then ran the same speed test and received 31179kbps down and 3588kbps up. I received similar results with my netbook connected to my wireless AP. This tells me the netbooks internet connection was probably not the problem.

Just burned his ISO

i just cant enter hotmail.com blank page

dudeman02379,
    thank you for your time and your effort.

I am not surprising from your results:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...tml#post159457
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/wir...tml#post139360
    Until now, no one found a solution to make a Alpha card + airbase-ng works faster and I really don't know if someone tried to found one.

As for the MTU tests, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my previous post . You should try to:

1) Set tap interface at0 MTU to 1500 (aibase-ng's default behavior). Try to set mon0 to the higher value you can get. (airbase-ng's default behavior is to trying to set mon0 to 1800). For my atheros card this is 2274. Leave wlan0 to 1500.

2) Set tap interface at0 MTU to 1500 . Set mon0 to higher value and wlan0 to higher value.

In summery, assuming that your card supports MTU 2274, please run the script in "mode 1" and after that:

Code:
    1) ifconfig at0 MTU 1500
    ifconfig mon0 MTU 2274
    try to surf to the web.

Code:
    b) ifconfig at0 MTU 1500
    ifconfig mon0 MTU 2274
    ifconfig wlan0 MTU 2274
    also, try to surf to the web.

Can you notice any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman02379 View Post
    and added
    Code:
    MTU_MON from 1500
    in wlan.conf
    In wlan.conf the MTU_MON variable is referring to the MTU of our monitor mode. In our case this is mon0 interface. To take affect this (to change the MTU value for mon0) the above should be:
    Code:
    MTU_MON 1500
    The "from" is no needed.
    If you don't like, don't change that value. Just run the script in mode 1 and after is up set by hand, "ifconfig...", the necessary changes to the MTUs values.

To be honest I am not expecting any data rate changes by changing the MTU value of the wireless interface. At least we will don't have a fragment network and should be more stable.

Since I don't know any methodology, to make a FakeAP base on a Alpha card, to work "faster", I am trying to find what is effecting the data rate and try any possibles combinations.

That I really know is that the installed wireless drivers are affective the behavior of the FakeAP. If you find time or mood to try a different set of drivers for your Alpha card and try them for the creation of the Fake AP, then that would be great. You can try this thread:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/wir...tml#post158279

Please if you find anything that affects the behavior let me know.
    Thank you again.

Nick

PS The good news is that I finally got some positive results with sslsniff v0.6 in BT4PF. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    i just cant enter hotmail.com blank page
    Ninja,
    I don't want to be hard to you but if I was asking the above to you, what would you understand from this? What should I answer to you?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast