Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing BackTrack 4 Pre Final in VMWARE

Just burned his ISO

yeah Im dumb with linux so can you post what you did to make it work? I followed the OP posted article. Every time the vmware starts I get the grub> command line. When I try to install the vmware tools it just says error 27 unrecognized command. I have the same setup as rayj00.

httq://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6056/grub.jpg

Just burned his ISO

I'm running Windows 7 and VMWare Workstation 6.5

I have Backtrack 4 installed with a Bridged Connection but I have no internet connection.

I don't have a router at the moment so I'm force to use an Ethernet Cord to connect my laptop to the internet.

What can I do to fix this?

What does ifconfig tell you?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

In my typical idiot fashion, 5 minutes after posting this I was able to get it to connect but I do have other questions.

Is there a way to keep Backtrack configured so I don't have to enter

sudo ifconfig eth0 up
    sudo dhclient eth0 up

Every time I start up my VM?

Also, since I have no idea where to go to post this or find an answer, and I have looked. What's the best USB wireless card to get for Backtrack 4 when running it through VMware that supports injection? Also how do I configure my VM to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousLegato View Post
    In my typical idiot fashion, 5 minutes after posting this I was able to get it to connect but I do have other questions.

Is there a way to keep Backtrack configured so I don't have to enter

sudo ifconfig eth0 up
    sudo dhclient eth0 up

Every time I start up my VM?

Also, since I have no idea where to go to post this or find an answer, and I have looked. What's the best USB wireless card to get for Backtrack 4 when running it through VMware that supports injection? Also how do I configure my VM to use it?
    This has all been asked before. Search.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    yeah Im dumb with linux so can you post what you did to make it work? I followed the OP posted article. Every time the vmware starts I get the grub> command line. When I try to install the vmware tools it just says error 27 unrecognized command. I have the same setup as rayj00.

httq://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6056/grub.jpg
    I had this same problem and had to re-download the ISO in order to get it working. I think it must just be a corrupted image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12