Thread: Backtrack 4 Boot issue

Default Backtrack 4 Boot issue

Now its been a while since I have touched backtrack and last I was using was bt3. I have downloaded bt4 and it wont boot on my system. Now I remember having this issue with bt3 and I had to edit my booting lines. I had to add noapic to the end of one of the lines. Now I have tryed that with bt4 but doesnt seem to work any ideas from anyone?

prowl3r

With the bunch of information provided about your system and the error you get, it's crystal clear:

Let me google that for you

Quote Originally Posted by prowl3r View Post
    With the bunch of information provided about your system and the error you get, it's crystal clear:

Let me google that for you
    Hey Prowler,

Any suggestions on how to install BT4 from an image onto my machine where I have Ubuntu and Wix XP already installed as dual boot?

I would like to try and over-write Ubuntu with Backtrack 4.

PS> I have no DVD burner.

Thanks

prowl3r

It would have been nicer to create your own thread for this.

Anyway, while it can be done in just one shot (without DVD), you should be proficient at linux so you wouldn't be asking this. My advice as follows:

0.- Backup your data or clone your valuable partitions.

1.- Install BT4 on a pendrive. Easiest way is via unetbootin. There are tutorials out there, just an example:

stealcode: Backtrack Beta 4 + USB Persistent/Changes Installation Ubuntu (Hardy/Ibex)

2.- Once you get your backtrack usb thumb ready, boot from it and perform the HDD dual boot installation. Should you carefully check and understand your HDD partitions in advance, everything will be fine. You may want to follow this video tutorial:

Leaders in Online Information Security Training » BackTrack 4 Dual boot Install

Im running:
    AMD 5200+
    ASUS M2N-SLi Delux Mobo
    BFG 7600GT OC
    2GB RAM
    250GB SATA Maxtor Hard Drive.

Currently running Win XP. If you need anything else let me know.