ACER Aspire Timeline 4810TZ-4011
Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter worked out of the box.
Had to do the following to get the Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet working.
1. download the AR81Family-linux-v188.8.131.52.tar.gz from partner.atheros.com/Drivers (not allowed to post links to other sites until I hit 15 posts, so you'll have to figure out the entire URL)
2. Extracted files onto thumb drive. With LiveCD I did the following:
3. cd into the /src directory in the extracted files
4. then : sudo KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 make
5. then : sudo KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1 make install
6. cd into /lib/modules/184.108.40.206/kernel/drivers/net/atl1e/
7. run: sudo insmod ./atl1e.ko
8. you can now bring up interface and start the network as usual.
No other issues with the hardware.