Thread: Backtrack killed my Ubuntu Splash

Default Backtrack killed my Ubuntu Splash

I have a side by side HDD install of BT4 and Ubuntu 9.04 both and when I applied the BT splash fix, the Ubuntu splash stopped working.

Is there a fix for this?

In a separate question, my apps updater in BT4 is sending a notification about the Ubuntu 9.04 update. Is it safe to update from Intrepid to Ubuntu 9.04 in BT4?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldhedge View Post
    I have a side by side HDD install of BT4 and Ubuntu 9.04 both and when I applied the BT splash fix, the Ubuntu splash stopped working.

Is there a fix for this?

In a separate question, my apps updater in BT4 is sending a notification about the Ubuntu 9.04 update. Is it safe to update from Intrepid to Ubuntu 9.04 in BT4?
    If you're dual booting then you can only have one splash. No you don't want to update using ubuntu repo's in Backtrack, you'll break a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you're dual booting then you can only have one splash. No you don't want to update using ubuntu repo's in Backtrack, you'll break a lot of things.
    Thanks for the info on the boot splashes and upgrading. I downloaded a startup manager for Gnome that will change back the boot splash in Jaunty, if I wish to do so in the future.

Cheers!