Thread: Setting up HackLab ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Setting up HackLab ?

Im not sure if this is the best part of the forum to post this but...

I am trying to setup a couple of PC's in my home that i can learn about hacking on but im not sure what servers and versions of said servers i should setup on the computers to hack.

Both computers will be running linux, any sugestions as to wich servers for example web servers, ftp servers and mail servers etc that i could run exploits and such against would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty525 View Post
    Im not sure if this is the best part of the forum to post this but...

I am trying to setup a couple of PC's in my home that i can learn about hacking on but im not sure what servers and versions of said servers i should setup on the computers to hack.

Both computers will be running linux, any sugestions as to wich servers for example web servers, ftp servers and mail servers etc that i could run exploits and such against would be very welcome.

Thanks.
    Have a look at the De-Ice CDs, Damn Vulnerable Linux and this.

You could also just grab a really old Linux distro, turn on every network accessible service available, and go nuts. You can get old Fedora releases in the archive section of the Fedora website, and Im sure you can find other old releases if you look around.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

There are lots of threads on this, just do a seach.

Really there's no wrong way to do it. Fire up a few machines that meet your needs.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.