Thread: Is there a driver for the D-Link DWL-G13?

Default Is there a driver for the D-Link DWL-G13?

This may have been already asked but I'm looking to see if anyone knows of, or has maybe heard of, a driver coming out that will support injection for the Atheros chipset in USB adapters, like the DWL-G132?

It doesn't help if you don't tell us exactly which model number is the atheros chipset inside the dongle. Better yet, FCC id of the device.

As for atheros USB support, chances are at getting it to work with monitor/injection are very bleak. Atheros acquired Zydas which I believe gave Atheros the opportunity to expand into wireless USB capability. The initial chipset, Atheros AR5007UG is rumoured to be a rebranded Zydas ZD1211B chipset which does somewhat has linux support and since then Atheros has not been open in the later versions of their USB chipsets until 802.11 Draft N (which is now 802.11N). There's a very likely chance that your chipset does not have native linux support which is mandatory for monitor mode and injection is dependent on monitor mode which again requires native linux driver support.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldhedge View Post
    This may have been already asked but I'm looking to see if anyone knows of, or has maybe heard of, a driver coming out that will support injection for the Atheros chipset in USB adapters, like the DWL-G132?
    Here's a tip, stop creating so many threads and start reading.
    There is no sense in making a dozen posts with basic questions that can be found by the use of a little google 'fu.
    Furthermore If you don't stop posting in the wrong section then I am going to remove your posting privileges. The BackTrack 4 NON working hardware is for hardware that is proven not to work with linux at a minimum, BT4 specifically, not for asking for hearsay on a driver. Furthermore use sensible appropriate titles for your threads that is also a rule in which you agreed to when you signed up.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.