Thread: DWL-G510 and ALFA AWUS036H

Just burned his ISO

Question DWL-G510 and ALFA AWUS036H

Hi everyone,

I'm running backtrack 4 pre final version from an usb pendrive with no problems. In my desktop PC I've got a DLINK DWL-G510 (PCI) that injects very very fast (less than 10 minutes getting more than 40000 data) and I'm really happy with it.

After reading several post about the alfa usb card (AWUS036H) I decided to buy it from ebay to use it with my laptop and it also works fine, but...it takes more than an hour to inject the same data amount than my DLINK PCI card. Antuyone know why and if it's normal to take so long?

Thanks in advance,
    Gofur

Many members here have yielded ~500 packets per second when injecting, to give you a benchmark. Do you have both the connectors plugged in?

Just burned his ISO

Hello and thanks for your answer.

My AWUS036H has just one single usb connector but I can try to connect a dual connector from an external Usb disk I've got at home. I'll try and post my results in a while.

Regards,
    Gofur

I've tried with both connectors and I get 500pps (same than pluggin' just one) but it takes too long: 16 minutes to see 20.000 in the #Data field. With PCI card just 3 or 4 minutes for that. Is it normal?. Any suggestion to increase efficiency? .

Thanks so much,
    Gofur

Just burned his ISO

Just for documentation, ive noticed some weird behavior with my awus036h when injecting at a higher tx power. Injection has virtuall stopped when i've set it the txpower to above 20, I get high injection rates at the lower powers. I'm not sure if this might be cause by VMWare, or, just a bug.